Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aliveandwell

I have a date... Need to cram more info!! H.e.l.p...

Rate this Entry
hello family...my official sleeve date is june 4.. so HIT ME WITH ALL THE IMPORTANT DO'S AND DONTS'....QUICK LIKE...i start pre op liquid on saturday...I have learned so much from you all..thank you for all your help!!!

Submit "I have a date... Need to cram more info!! H.e.l.p..." to Digg Submit "I have a date... Need to cram more info!! H.e.l.p..." to del.icio.us Submit "I have a date... Need to cram more info!! H.e.l.p..." to StumbleUpon Submit "I have a date... Need to cram more info!! H.e.l.p..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Do's---
    Get active
    Eat a clean well balanced diet
    Plan your meals
    Think protein 1st
    Enjoy your journey
    Smile
    Everyday is a new day...make the most of it

Don't--
    Get hung up on the scale
    Don't get hung up on the number
    weigh yourself compusively
    forget to take your birth control
    forget to drink your water
    forget to take your vitamins
    forget this is a marathon not a sprint

I hope my list of do's and dont's is what you already know
    Good luck on surgery...the first weeks sucks! You will stall...don't obsess about it keep trucking along and the weight will come off. Stick to what the doctor says! You will be able to eat "real" food again.

Recipes for After Bariatric Surgery | Froedtert Hospital | Milwaukee, Wis.
    theworldaccordingtoeggface
    Bariatric Foodie: Newbies!
    Menu Plan Your Butt Off Weekly, Healthy Menu Plans : Shrinking Kitchen

Bodybuilding.com - Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 1: Building Muscle - Bodybuilding.com
    My surgeries 6/4 also, I'm so excited are you going to Mexico as well?
    Best of luck with your upcoming surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery:-)
    Agree with Kacie and would add that you buy samples of different bariatric shakes. My favorite is Unjury. Bariatric Advantage is good too. You can get samples from My Bariatric Pantry and Bariatric Choice. I usually mix with skim milk in the morning and water for lunch. So I like the fruit flavors at lunch. Great book you can get from Amazon - "Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny" by Dr. Nick Nicholson. Covers lots of the physical and emotional challenges in a small book that is a quick read.

Gas X Strips and lip balm are a must for surgery.

Good Luck - Bonnie
    Good luck to you! I am going in on June 2...I'm thankful I read this post and the good advice people responded with!
    Listen to Kacie...you can't go wrong.
    Don't weigh every day! Once a week is plenty.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmiller140
    Agree with Kacie and would add that you buy samples of different bariatric shakes. My favorite is Unjury. Bariatric Advantage is good too. You can get samples from My Bariatric Pantry and Bariatric Choice. I usually mix with skim milk in the morning and water for lunch. So I like the fruit flavors at lunch. Great book you can get from Amazon - "Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny" by Dr. Nick Nicholson. Covers lots of the physical and emotional challenges in a small book that is a quick read.

Gas X Strips and lip balm are a must for surgery.

Good Luck - Bonnie
    I really enjoyed reading this ...had to take notes...thanks