Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Graciegurl

Omg..... People.... Throw the dayum scales away and stop bitching!

Rate this Entry
UUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHH, First, if you are one of these people that are going to be offended by my title you probably do not want to read my rant!

Really people?????? How long did it take for you to get to the place where you felt the only option left was to have some type of WLS?????? Like me, perhaps, it took years... Years of yo-yo dieting, trying the latest sure thing diets, soup diets, liquid diets etc.. Get my drift? Did this work? Perhaps for a short time but eventually after gaining the weight back and then some coupled with the reasons WHY we ate (cuz we were not eating to live rather we lived to eat)

So people...stop bitching about only losing a few lbs or *omg, thought I would have at least lost 20 lbs my first mo* or why did I lose 10 lbs and now 3 wks post 0-op I have gained 2 lbs? Blah blah blahbity blah!

Stay off the dayum scales if weighing every day is going to mess with your head because, omg... the scale didnt move from yesterdays number or omg... you gained instead of losing....

People, you have the rest of your life to work on losing the wt..... The sleeve is a tool and not a CURE IN WHICH THE WEIGHT IS GOING TO MARACUOLSY FALL OFF IN A MATTER OF WEEKS OR DAYS!!!!!

Okay... I am done now!

Have a nice day!

Submit "Omg..... People.... Throw the dayum scales away and stop bitching!" to Digg Submit "Omg..... People.... Throw the dayum scales away and stop bitching!" to del.icio.us Submit "Omg..... People.... Throw the dayum scales away and stop bitching!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Omg..... People.... Throw the dayum scales away and stop bitching!" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THANK YOU!!
    You're welcome Kindle! Sometimes I just gotta spew... LOL
    Amazing how tied to the scales we become when we are being "good" and think it will show a lower number. But when we are being "bad" we put the scale in the back of our closet. I think we may be addicted to instant gratification whether it is food or a lower number on the scales. We want our reward now. As I say frequently. - this is a marathon not a sprint. The blue ribbon won't come for many many months when we are finally healthy.

Everyone should take a deep breath and relax. Our worth is not measured by a number on a scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmiller140
    Everyone should take a deep breath and relax. Our worth is not measured by a number on a scale.
    Excatly!
    Welp!!!! Let the church say amen. Drop the mic on floor and walk off the stage. Period!!!!!
    True. I only weigh myself once a week.
    Tell it like you mean it Sista LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Imblesssed71
    Welp!!!! Let the church say amen. Drop the mic on floor and walk off the stage. Period!!!!!
    Your comment made me think of the Eddie Murphy movie, "Coming to America" where Randy "Sexual Chocolate" Watson drops the mic and exits the stage.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWA6XUijMLE

Yeah....she's good!
    Well, I'm a guy and so I don't want to seem unsympathetic, but I completely agree. What gets me is the people who don't ever post, but just come here and say "I'm new here. OMG, the scale didn't move!"

Well....did you read the forum? Did you do the research to see what the other folks were experiencing?

We all want to feel special and have some level of attention but.....damn....some of y'all.....
    Well said. Initially I weighed myself every day but only recorded once a week. I now am only weighing myself every 2-3 weeks. As long as my clothes feel good I am at the stage now where I am happy with where I am at and any further loss is a bonus. If you are sensible it will work in it's own good time
    I haven't been on the scale in days! I told my husband that if I just lose a pound a week or a few a month, I'll still reach my goal eventually. You are absolutely right...we didn't put it on overnight and we are not going to take it off overnight.
    I agree with the original post and every single comment made after. When folks say "I've lost 20 lbs in 19 days, but now I haven't lost anything!" It just annoys me--or another when they say "I'm a slow loser." Losing is losing, be grateful that you are losing, enjoy the non-scale victories, which really are the most important thing. I keep saying that scale is the devil!
    I must admit when I read this post I smiled. I was expecting people that got on the defensive to come out in droves. I am happy they have not! Sometimes the truth hurts and you know what I would rather someone tell me the truth than sugar coat something that does me a disservice. I agree 100% with your post!
    Quote Originally Posted by HGfromOmaha
    Your comment made me think of the Eddie Murphy movie, "Coming to America" where Randy "Sexual Chocolate" Watson drops the mic and exits the stage.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWA6XUijMLE

Yeah....she's good!

Totally not related......But I LOVE that movei Omaha!! It's the best
    I haven't lost in 3hrs and 42 minutes.......This surgery is a bust...........Dr lied to me. I only lost 84lbs since Jan 1, start of pre op diet.
    Okay, I'll stop bitching that I've gained weight on the pre-op diet.
    I'm guilty of weighing myself before and after going to the bathroom. I'm hoping by some miracle that I left 10 lbs in the toilet.
    I weigh every other day but I do not become discouraged if it is the same weight or I only lost a pound...I feel that any loss is a win!
    AMEN!!! I I could filter for the word "stall" and omit every result, I would soooo do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudia B
    Okay, I'll stop bitching that I've gained weight on the pre-op diet.
    I gained more than 10 pounds over the 6 month Dr. Assisted Weight Loss attempt. I didn't really apply myself until my consultation the month before surgery. I did lose my required 10+ pounds just prior to surgery. It doesn't have to have anything to do with your post-op success.
    SO true.... and if we admit it, most of us probably posted something similar in our early days of the sleeve. I think we get programed into thinking that we will all be the best case scenario and lose 30-40 pounds every month until goal. We freak out when that isn't our experience with the sleeve. Life and weight loss doesn't work like that. I've learned that my body is going to do what it's going to do and that I'm still losing inches, even if I'm not losing weight. I've not hit all of my goals, but I am getting there! If I pay attention to what I'm eating and how I'm eating, I'll be successful. I've gotten to where I just skip over those posts about stalls and not losing weight. I'll let the newbies commiserate with each other. Occasionally, I might make a comment on it, but like most of us (that those who came before us) it does get tiresome. However, I have to remember my early days, my frustration and FEAR that it's not working and just give them a pass.....for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudia B
    I'm guilty of weighing myself before and after going to the bathroom. I'm hoping by some miracle that I left 10 lbs in the toilet.
    I laughed hard on this one!
    Couldn't agree more! So many people focus on the tiny details and not the overall picture.
    AMEN SISTER!!! And a big THANK YOU! I feel no pain ignoring most of them but I talk to this laptop...GURL, shut up, git off tha dayum scale, stop yer dayum whining and move on! WHew it does feel better to vent. I actually did lose .3 pounds today ya'll if you were wondering ...oh hell like I got on a scale BAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by dietingdonna
    AMEN SISTER!!! And a big THANK YOU! I feel no pain ignoring most of them but I talk to this laptop...GURL, shut up, git off tha dayum scale, stop yer dayum whining and move on! WHew it does feel better to vent. I actually did lose .3 pounds today ya'll if you were wondering ...oh hell like I got on a scale BAHAHAHAHA
    hahahahahaha............ Venting is good and now that I do not turn to food for my emotional support, I vent! I feel a lot better afterwards venting in words rather than stuffing my feelings down with food!!!
    Amen! I haven't blogged in a while because I hear too much woe is me! I am 18 months out and I lost 39 pounds in 3 months. Had 3 months when I didn't lose a pound. So what! I have a sleeve and their is no way Im not going to lose weight with the way I now eat. I weight myself everyday and their is not going to be a day when I wake up and need to lose 20 pounds. Not ever! I have keep a calendar and write my weight down everyday.
    This is a free open blog people write whatever they want. If u don't like it don't read it... if they cry or laugh or complaint is everyone's problems. If they wanna use the f#÷×no scale every day is not ur business don't read.. ahhh!!! And ur post don't bother me you get mad with others people post...good night..
    We are always our own worst critic
    And here I thought this was a support group.

You all are trying to compare the middle or end of your journey to the beginning of someone else's.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwatsonjd
    And here I thought this was a support group.

You all are trying to compare the middle or end of your journey to the beginning of someone else's.
    It absolutely is a support group but in ANY support group, you have to do the work. And sometimes, that work involves this thing called "RESEARCH"! How about reading the other posts and seeing what other people have to say so that you realize that you're not alone? 99% of the people that whine and snot themselves, are the ones who just pop on here, don't post nothing but "woe is me".

Well, look around. You see lots of "Great job! Congratulations! Sweet! Way to go!"And all sorts of other encouragement. Some people have other issues and those are addressed as well. There's plenty of support.

But for some people to not even try to read the posts and see what others have put up? Yeah, I call BS on that. All day long, that's BS. Read the damn forums and do some research. It seems like everybody else has. Obesity wasn't discovered last night. It's been around for centuries and we're here to support folks who have a positive attitude and want this tool to work. If you're in here every other day, snotting your nose about not losing weight fast enough, someone is going to get tired of reading that and will say so.

And if you look at the comments in this thread, PLENTY of people feel that way.

Do the damn research!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast