Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

HeatherJ

38 Days Post-Op! Rough Start!!!

Rate this Entry
So....I have had a rough start with this journey!!! I have had trouble with nausea and vomiting for over 2 weeks now! Its been horrible! I went to the doctor and he scheduled me for a EGD and an Upper GI just to make sure everything was good with my stomach. I had the tests done this past Tuesday, They said everything on the upper GI looked good and with the EGD they said i had Gastritis, which is inflammation of the stomach that causes nausea and vomiting! The doc just gave me some Zofran (Nausea Meds) and said that it will eventually go away! They also gave me some I.V. fluids and a vitamin bag while i was in the hospital! And since having those i have felt better! I have not gotten sick since then!!! Yay!!! I hope i am over that crap! I was getting sick everyday several times a day! I coudlnt hardly keep anything down! Im just now starting to add a little bit of food to my diet! A plus since surgery is that i have lost 40 pounds!!! I probably havent lost it in a good way, but still 40 pounds!!! Thats crazy! I can definitely tell a difference in my face and my clothes! And its nice to hear all the complements im getting from people! I am still struggling everyday to get in my water and protein, i know thats really important and that i need to work harder on it! But that's all that is going on with me right now! Im hoping things will continue to go up from here, and prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Submit "38 Days Post-Op! Rough Start!!!" to Digg Submit "38 Days Post-Op! Rough Start!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "38 Days Post-Op! Rough Start!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "38 Days Post-Op! Rough Start!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hope you are over the worst of it ! If your stomach has been inflamed since the beginning you may just be a bit behind in when you can introduce the other foods. Don't rush it.. water and protein drinks are tough for everyone right after! 6 out of 10 people post the sleeve need to take some kind of stomach aid medication even if they didn't have issues prior to surgery. It's a big deal and it's a moist organ healing in a moist environment so takes a while. At first I didn't get medication and found it difficult to eat just about anything. No I am on one teeny tiny pill every day and it's made the world of difference ! Try cream of wheat with honey or a packet of splenda, try sugar free pudding and popsicles to help give you variety.. before you know it your stomach will let you know when it's ready to take on other foods ! So glad you feel a bit better and yes 40 lbs is a sprint out of the gate... all the best to you !
    I'm sorry you've had a rough start. I'm very happy you are doing better. Hoping the rest of your journey goes smoothly.

I am so sorry you had such an awful experience. I guess at 65, mine was non eventful, but it still hurt like hell. I have had 9 surgeries in the past 10 years and this one was the worst and the gas pains were the worst. I had my surgery last Thursday and I live alone with a 45lb dog. That has been fun.....NOT.......... It is hard when you go through this alone. Not sure I would do it again..... right now, I would say hell no, but when I see results, I might change my mind. I am so sorry that you went through that. I probably would have croaked.....
    Hope the rest of your journey is wonderful!
    Glad to hear things are turning around for you. I've been thinking about you! Take care and congrats on the weight loss.
    Thank goodness they figured it out and you are on the mend.
    Thanks everybody!