Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Monique

Today, I stood in front of the 3D Mirrors at the dress shop and CRIED!

Rate this Entry
Today was a good day. The weather was gorgeous and I went to my favorite store, Dress Barn. I usually go every other weekend, and try clothes on because it's so motivating to find something I like and make that my goal to fit into the next time I come in.

Well this morning, I was waiting for the ladies to unlock the door at 11 AM. I'm not usually early to anything - hehehe

I saw a dress that I LOVED... Calvin Klein... black and white stripe... soft material and the kind that shows everything. They only had one dress left and it was a size smaller than I thought I would fit into. So, I thought, I'll try it on and see how much I have to lose to get into it.

Now, I don't know how you all do it, but when I try clothes on, I turn my back to the mirror and then turn around to look. I put this dress on, fully prepared that it would look awful. I turned around and OMG... it fit! Not only did it fit, it looked fantastic! No bumps, extra "padding", rolls, in that clingy type of fabric, my body actually looked good!

I walked out to the 3D mirrors, just to be sure... and got huge compliments from the ladies in the store... Wow... I just stood there and cried. I'm still not at goal but, after 70 pounds, I feel good in my skin. I like the new me coming out and I like the figure that has been hiding all these years. (This from the overweight lady who's favorite saying is "I'm in shape, round is a shape!)

So, I bought the dress! Our 2nd anniversary is in a week or so, maybe I'll wear it out to dinner with my handsome husband!

I honestly can't believe that this is happening for me. I can't believe that it's been 4 months and I'm still losing weight, that I feel good, I'm energized and I feel good about the whole process.

Oh one last thing, I have discovered Yoplait Greek Blended yogurt - I like it better than the other Greek yogurts. Anyway, I buy one for each day, and put them in the freezer, it's my "desert" every night... mmm mmm good!

Submit "Today, I stood in front of the 3D Mirrors at the dress shop and CRIED!" to Digg Submit "Today, I stood in front of the 3D Mirrors at the dress shop and CRIED!" to del.icio.us Submit "Today, I stood in front of the 3D Mirrors at the dress shop and CRIED!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Today, I stood in front of the 3D Mirrors at the dress shop and CRIED!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great post.
    Congratulations on you WL and new dress size. Gotta love that!!!
    Have a very Happy Anniversary with your hubby too
    Congratulations!!!
    Monique!!!! I'm jumping up and down and clapping for my "sleeve sister!" Congratulations, you so deserve it! Can't wait to see you in THAT dress!
    So happy for you!! When you break out the dress..post pictures
    What a wonderful experience for you! Congratulations!
    So wonderful for you!
    congraulations!!
    That's wonderful...I was almost in tears imagining your excitement.
    Great nsv:-)
    What a post. Congratulations. I bet your husband is excited especially when he sees you in your new dress. Lol
    I feel like this just about every time I go shopping now. SO amazing. Had a similar experience at the post office yesterday when I got my passport photo taken. I looked at the pic that's supposed to look like a mug shot, and about broke down because I didn't recognize the woman in the picture!