Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kenson

Me and Eating Out--No Bueno!

Rate this Entry
Hubby wanted to take me out to dinner yesterday for Mother's Day. Hmmm, I'm not a mother, except to a four-legged canine named Morgan, maybe that was to be the first sign of trouble. Anywho, we went to TGIFriday's. The menu looked beautiful! So many dishes, so much color, so many drinks to choose from!I ordered the ribs--half rack, there were four ribs, coleslaw and a boatload of fries. After two ribs, and a few fries, I gave the slaw and the rest of the fries to hubby. Ate the other two ribs. Why, oh why? Sigh. The restriction was saying "Are you daft? Do you not feel me squeezing you?" I do so much better at home. My scales are there, I know that 2 ozs. of protein is my limit. I know that I need to get my mind right about eating out. This is only the second time since Jan. that we've eaten out, so I'm still not used to it yet. Pray my strength!

Submit "Me and Eating Out--No Bueno!" to Digg Submit "Me and Eating Out--No Bueno!" to del.icio.us Submit "Me and Eating Out--No Bueno!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Me and Eating Out--No Bueno!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I know how ya feel...I don't like it when someone suggests eating out because I don't want to spend money on a bunch of unhealthy food that I'm probably not going to eat, even if I would box it up and take it home. With a stomach the size of ours, we can only eat so much of anything. Thank God and all that is holy.
    its hard at first... but i hv finally learned to know when to stop eating.... sometimes it helps to go ahead and box it up.. lol... and know what u r gonna take home
    Thank you ladies. It just seems like when I go out to eat I forget everything that I usually do when I eat at home!
    It was quite some time before I trusted myself enough to venture out to a restaurant and when I had checked out their website's nutritional page. Doing the recon helped not to mention reading all of the posts about one more bite was a few too many. Happy Mother's Day and I am sure you will have a better experience the next time.
    My sister had gastric bypass almost three years ago. I remember her starting with chicken wings and sharing fries off all of our plates. She is able to more now but also knows when to stop and box it up for one or two meals at a later time. I have my sleeve surgery on june 9th so even though we will have different procedures. She is my go to person on some of my questions. Which is nice.
    Live and learn sista! That's all you can do
    I prefer not to eat out either, I would rather cook! (so weird because before I would have my meal planned in my head before we even got there)
    Side Note: Don't pass off your leftovers to your spouse, his waist line will start to expand! Just throw it away or pack it up.

What did the over eating feel like for you?
    It's just a lesson that needs to be learned; sometimes the hard way I'm actually facilitating the support group at my local hospital tomorrow, and the topic is, "Eating Our after WLS."
    It's actually an issue for many. I like eating out, and after some trial & error; find it relaxing and always have leftovers!
    Quote Originally Posted by kacie77
    Live and learn sista! That's all you can do
    I prefer not to eat out either, I would rather cook! (so weird because before I would have my meal planned in my head before we even got there)
    Side Note: Don't pass off your leftovers to your spouse, his waist line will start to expand! Just throw it away or pack it up.

What did the over eating feel like for you?
    kacie,
    I hate the restriction feeling. For me, it feels like someone is taking their fist and twisting it in my back! I avoid that feeling at all cost and at home, I know that 2 ozs. is good for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    It's just a lesson that needs to be learned; sometimes the hard way I'm actually facilitating the support group at my local hospital tomorrow, and the topic is, "Eating Our after WLS."
    It's actually an issue for many. I like eating out, and after some trial & error; find it relaxing and always have leftovers!
    jerzey, we are definitely going to have to have a chat about Eating Out!
    I went out to eat the other day and ordered the sliders with no buns. I packed my sugar-free ketchup and low-fat mayo in a little cooler bag to take along with me. I ordered a side of broccoli. I got 4 sliders and was able to make 3 meals out of it.
    Eating out is so tough! Usually, whatever I order, I can eat for my next few meals. I've finally gotten hubby to the point where he will just share a meal with me. He knows I won't eat that much. I think he's like a dog, when they have their food in front of them and don't want you to touch it! I haven't heard him growl - yet. Ribs do sound good though! How are you doing? Are you happy with where you are?