Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jillyjake

Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!

Rate this Entry
So today I left my brains in bed and went to work. Huge morning tea we put on for a co-worker that was leaving. Normally I would just have one thing and leave it at that but no, not today.

The half sandwich was first (which by the way filled me up). Next to come was two crackers with cheese (yum), two rice crackers with camembert (also yum), three large potato chips with huge scoops of dip to accompany, a handful of plain potato chips and finished off with a small turkish delight bite size chocolate. No problem

Within 30 minutes my stomach was cramping and I was burping up a storm. I then disappeared to the ladies room where 40 minutes later my workmates sent out the search party. No sympathy I might add, just a lot of laughter at my discomfort.

So nothing entered my big mouth for the rest of the working day until......yes I walked past the leftovers on my way out and decided to grab a rum ball. My workmate looked at me and said "Really!!!! after this morning????" I responded "Oh that was hours ago".

Scoffed the rum ball on the way out to the car. Almost immediately my sleeve protested whilst I raced home (thank god it is only a 10 minute drive). Consequently my gym class fell to the wayside tonight. Shame as I needed to work off all the crap I had eaten.

You'd think after reading similar posts that I wouldn't even go there but to err is human I guess. No more morning teas for me

Submit "Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!" to Digg Submit "Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The good thing is you RECOGNIZE that it happened. It was not a good day and nothing you can do about it now EXCEPT say to yourself "I know what NOT to do tomorrow."

Don't beat yourself up over and over....
    I agree dont beat your self up, we all make mistakes but knowing what happened and how to prevent it is the big picture!!
    Sometimes I WISH that something would make me sick! I will lose "my cookies" when I've over eaten, especially meat. I am 9 months out and still having trouble finding my full button. I know that I need to slow it down and listen to my body. It's really hard to do that because except for the weight loss (not much lately) I can't tell that I've had surgery. Nothing bothers me, I can eat normal bites and drink regular gulps. I have got to re-re-train my brain to slow down and think about what I'm eating and to stop BEFORE I think I'm full. Then, if a few minutes go by and I'm still hungry, eat a little bit more. Difficult when I find myself eating for the flavor or something more than hunger. Sigh.....no, this is NOT the easy way out!!!
    Welcome to the club! Please! Pull up a chair and have a seat right here next to me! We'll be the King and Queen of Dumb Decisions for the 1st week of May!
    Now mind you I am still on full liquids but when I am around "real food" and feel temptation I chew gum...and tell myself just how nasty dirty gross dirty my hands are and I just cant take that gum out And of course I cant sneak a nibble with gum in my mouth now can I
    Almost six months out and I still have moments like that:-)
    I am 6 months out & felt I took one bite too many just a few times (usually err on too little because of all the postings about throwing up) - Never got to that point but I have had that terrible pain three times - once from eating a 4 oz container of yogurt & feeling done with 85% of it finished - yet felt the need to finish. Bad decision. Yogurt for gosh sake! We are learning and this is way different then all the years of our lives where we could eat a ton & feel little discomfort. Cut yourself some slack. Chances are you won't gain an ounce, and tomorrow is a new day!
    Quote Originally Posted by HGfromOmaha
    Welcome to the club! Please! Pull up a chair and have a seat right here next to me! We'll be the King and Queen of Dumb Decisions for the 1st week of May!
    Yep Howard after being in stitches over your episode with the chinese buffet you would have thought a warning bell would have sounded. Well we all have to push to boundaries and I'm quite sure it will happen again (not just yet tho")