Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bjohnson

Muscle Milk???? Does it cause weight gain

Rate this Entry
Has anyone used Muscle Milk? I am not sleeved yet so I am trying lots of different protein shakes. Muscle milk has one that is cookies and creme and it sounds yummy. But...... it has 49 grams of carbs in it, the protein is high though. I always thought that Muscle Milk was for weight gain..... any suggestions?

Submit "Muscle Milk???? Does it cause weight gain" to Digg Submit "Muscle Milk???? Does it cause weight gain" to del.icio.us Submit "Muscle Milk???? Does it cause weight gain" to StumbleUpon Submit "Muscle Milk???? Does it cause weight gain" to Google

Comments

Thats a lot of carbs, probably over half as many as I have in a day. Try to stick with protein that has very few carbs or sugars and lots of protein.
    Muscle Milk is designed to help you bulk up. Tons of carbs.
    There is a light version with less than 10 carbs but only in Vanilla and Chocolate. I've had the light ones and they aren't too bad.
    I drank the Premier Protein shakes (Sam's or Costco)
    They are pre-made shakes and pretty dang yummy!
    I personally would never drink muscle milk...I don't like what the label says
    I have really enjoyed the Syntrax Nectar powder. It is a great change from the milky shakes if you want something different. The Fuzzy navel and Caribbean are more like juice. They also make a Latte that I mix with unsweetened Almond milk - YUM
    I was told whatever one I chose had to have half the amount of carbs as protein.
    My body builder buddys use it to gain and bulk up. Its not a coincidence.
    I drink it, mine is 20 gram protein and 170 calories, we need to build muscles, if you buy the right one i think it will be fine
    Almost anything packaged is going to cause weight gain, I have learned this through a lot of trial and error but when it comes to protein shakes its hard. Personally i love protein in the RAW there are lots of flavors but I was told by my nutritionist that you can make a protein shake simply by adding dry powdered milk to your milk or your smoothy and you can add what ever flavors you like that way and make it taste really good dry milk powder is cheap and tastes good it makes your milk more creamy.