Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

vonik

Waiting patiently! but sick of huffing and puffing my way through life!

Rate this Entry
I havent been sleeved yet but cant wait. Hopefully I will have the surgery in July. You know I am so tired of huffing and puffing my way through life, so tired of not being able to put my shoes on without getting exhausted. I sit on the edge of the bed to put my socks, shoes and pants on. I find if I stand too long my back hurts and I have to sit down, and to think one year ago I was delivering mail, yes walking and jumping in an out of my mailtruck and now retired and 25lbs heavier(which doesnt seem like alot), but boy oh boy does my body feel it. I've never been this heavy before,298 and hate myself for getting to this size. I've let myself down. I thought when I retired I would be so active, all I've done is sit, after having such a physical job, all I do is sit. I know inside of me there is this active person who cant sit still for 5 minutes and needs to do something constantly, hopefully after the sleeve I will find that person and get my life back. I have done my research and am on this site everyday reading about everyones ups and downs, highs and lows and cant wait to join the otherside. At times I wish it was done with and I was on my way to a huff and puff free life. I know my day will come, I just needed to vent a little and am feeling sorry for myself today, just sick of how my body feels.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Submit "Waiting patiently! but sick of huffing and puffing my way through life!" to Digg Submit "Waiting patiently! but sick of huffing and puffing my way through life!" to del.icio.us Submit "Waiting patiently! but sick of huffing and puffing my way through life!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Waiting patiently! but sick of huffing and puffing my way through life!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Same thing happened to my dad, he ate the same but his activity level went way down and he was a postal employee. The sleeve will help you alot. Good luck in your journey.
    I know what you mean!! I am waiting for insurance to come back with an answer as to whether or not they are going to pay for my surgery and I'm getting soooo impatient!!! I just want an answer...and hopefully the RIGHT answer (That they will pay for it). Patience is the hardest part. I completely feel for you and hope that time flies for you!! Hopefully we'll be having surgery around the same time!!! Best of luck to you--keep posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by erinh
    I know what you mean!! I am waiting for insurance to come back with an answer as to whether or not they are going to pay for my surgery and I'm getting soooo impatient!!! I just want an answer...and hopefully the RIGHT answer (That they will pay for it). Patience is the hardest part. I completely feel for you and hope that time flies for you!! Hopefully we'll be having surgery around the same time!!! Best of luck to you--keep posting!
    How long have you been waiting for insurance approval? I have my one more appt this Thursday then they will start the insurance approval process. I was disappointed when I found out they didn't start it yet. I am impatient as well and curious how long it takes. Good luck! I hope you get the approval!!!
    I've been in that same spot. Just have faith and relax. They will get to you. Felt like forever but they finally called me Friday and told me I was approved. Positive thoughts your way.