Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

speedracer

Still in holding pattern

Rate this Entry
I am having such a hard time. This weight gain has NOT been lost as of yet. I am upping the protein (Unjury), I am taking B12, B complex, Vit D, BIOTIN (So my hair will stop falling out in gobs).

I have never accomplished the "Don't eat and drink with meals".

I just feel defeated.

Surgery is coming up soon for my back, I had to put it off, to give me time to recuperate mentally and physically.

Hopefully after this surgery, I can get physical and start working out. I actually WANT to work out. I want to walk, run, jog. I want to bike, hike.

Pity party over.

Submit "Still in holding pattern" to Digg Submit "Still in holding pattern" to del.icio.us Submit "Still in holding pattern" to StumbleUpon Submit "Still in holding pattern" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You are NOT defeated. I know how it is to FEEL defeated. It is hard when you have other health problems. I'm not sure what your back problems are, but I've had my share of back problems and surgery and it's just not easy at all.

I find it hard about the not drinking too. I have always been a guzzler with my food. In fact, so much so that I would drink my drink and the person's next to me if I didn't get a refill. It is challenging but something I'm trying to force myself to do.

I hope everything works out for you...I know it will.
    Its all a learning process. I always drink from a straw and chew Extra sf bubble gum, two no-nos after surgery. You do the best you can every day then try to do better the next day. I hope your back issues get resolved with the surgery so you can start doing what you want to do:-)
    well you have to not drink when you eat because otherwise you wash down what you eat and are hungry again, that causes you to overeat. It is not that hard, really.
    I so get it, it is hard, hard to remember to NOT do it, and then hard to actually not do it. I just try to drink until I prepare the meal, then I don't drink during and try not until usually 20 mins after. It is as long as I can stand. Eating out, I just don't let them being my anything to the table and then make sure my husband and I sit there for at least 10 mins after done eating before drive home so I can drink when we get there. Being at work and lunch is what kills me....I cant get that timing down. good luck to you....drink tons, they say it helps speed up the loss.
    No worries...everyone's success with this surgery is different. I couldn't choke that stuff down so I went to vitamin shop and tried many different proteins until I found one I liked. (O'Yea brand is yum)
    I too was worried about hair loss, dry skin. My dr recommended taking Juiceplus (it's only vine ripe fruit vegetables in chewable form) I liked the product so much I became a distributor for it (serenasmith.juiceplus.com) go watch the video and see what's in it
    I am 5 years out and still do not drink when I eat. If I do then I'm not able to eat. My son who had sleeve july2013 is able to drink a little with meals and it doesn't seem to affect him. Not sure if it's different between men and women but I just try to wait to drink after I eat so my body can start absorbing my food before washing it down. Remember your only absorbing half of what goes in your mouth with a small tummy now. Good luck and don't stress..this surgery is the most amazing life changer ever.
    Hang in there Speed. You know the things you need to do to be successful. All this other stuff is getting in the way right now but you can control that. Focus on your health goals and if you can't work out right now, really lock down on the food choices. When you can work out again remember to go easy until your back heals.
    Speedy, cut yourself some slack. There's only so much you can put your body through at a time. Get your back taken care of and then worry about the pounds. You've got this. I know you do. Be kind to yourself. XXX OOO
    Pity parties are allowed. I've had many. Hope things turn around for you. Good to see you on here. I've been absent too long. Take care!
    You got this, Speedy. Back pain is dreadful. Think about how far you have come. Once you're healed from back surgery, the sky is the limit for your activity that will complete the package with your diet efforts. Hang in there!
    Hey Speedy, I wish you lots of luck. I have been stalled for 4 months too. Kinda stuck btwn 155-160. I think this is all I will lose due to my sleeve-now the rest is up to me. I am a 5'4" lady so I would like to be down to 130-135. When you can exercise again it will help. I am trying that now and trying to track in my fitness pal too. Just keep trying and being positive!! best of luck!!