Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Graciegurl

Food, Dieting and Scales

Rate this Entry
I am sure many if not all of you can relate to the vicious cycle of food, dieting and the most vicious of vicious the cursed scale! And depending on what the number was on the scale, the scale set the tone of the day.

Okay, so knowing that in the past (I was sleeved 4/28/14) my day and my mental mind set was driven not only by what the scale reading was but by my addiction to food as well. And then add on the fact that I love food, ate food for no reason and ate food as an ally because food never disappointed me. Ha! What crock of BS!

I allowed food to define me and to control me. I allowed the scales to define me and control me and I allowed diets to define me and for short periods of time, control me.

Now I have been sleeved! I took control! I am not going to allow myself to be controlled by food, diets and the scales any longer. Let me say this again: I AM NOT GOING TO ALLOW FOOD, DIETS AND THE SCALE TO DEFINE AND CONTROL ME ANY LONGER. PERIOD!

Will this be easy, this new relationship with food, both mentally and emotionally? NO

Do I have control of what I eat, when I eat and how much I eat? YES

Will the scales determine my emotions and actions for the day? NO

Look people, so many posts I read from people who have had some type of gastric surgery do not seem to understand that the old habits and ways they related to food are actions that need to change. If one does not continue to work on the issues of how they got to where they needed this wonderful tool for weight loss and if they continue to react to food, diet and scales in the same old manner as before???? Then aren't they just setting themselves up for failure???

I am looking at being sleeved as a gift! It is an opportunity to let old ways of relating to food and the scale be in the past. And as far as the word, DIET, well now I am going to use the word as it is meant to be used in a healthy mind-set! The word diet to me will simply mean, food. And food is simply going to be used as a need to fuel my body.

I have the rest of my life to work on my mind, emotions and physical self and best of all, I am sleeved and this tool will assist me!

I am going to be well and be happy!

Submit "Food, Dieting and Scales" to Digg Submit "Food, Dieting and Scales" to del.icio.us Submit "Food, Dieting and Scales" to StumbleUpon Submit "Food, Dieting and Scales" to Google

Comments

As a yo-yo dieter all my life. I have put the scale away after 2 weeks of having surgery. I do not want the scale to dictate my life. I know if I weighed myself every day and didn't see if move, I would be unhappy. I would rather have people tell me that I look better. I know that will take some time. So far it seems to have only come off my face and little around my belly. So one day at a time for me.
    I am right there with yah Rhonda! I am putting my scale up and will only take it down once a month after I am a month out. For the next 4 wks. I am going to weigh 2 days per wk just to get an idea of how my body is doing.... I think that in a mo. I know that the weight loss will slow down a bit but not much and I too want to focus on how I feel, how my clothes feel on me and enjoy the compliments from others!

Nothing wrong with one day at a time! Sometimes for me it is a minuet at a time and that is just fine!

High five!
    Amen sister. That is so true and I like your idea of putting away the scale. I certainly didn't jump on it every morning when I was eating all the wrong foods. In fact, it would get pretty dusty between diets.

I am a sugarholic. I can not have sugar again. I was just approved by insurance this week and don't have a date yet. It has been hard to admit that sugar has such power over me. But it is true. This is my chance at a new life and I am going to embrace every part if it - good or bad.

Hope to join you soon on this amazing chapter of our lives.

Good luck - Bonnie
    You're going to do great!!!!
    Congratulations
    Amen!