Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aboutime4me

Two Year Surgiversary

Rate this Entry
On the eve of my 2 year surgiversary many thoughts are going through my head. I am so grateful to God for bringing me to the surgery, seeing me through the process and recovery and 95 lb weight loss. It has been like a true miracle for me, a dream that has seen my life change in many respects.

I have been able to maintain the weight loss within 2-3 lbs of my settling in weight, I like to call it. My initial goal was 154 and I got to 157 lbs and after time my body settled in around 160 lbs. Today I go between 160-163 lbs and have never been happier in my life. The sleeve has been my salvation in many ways and has seen me return to loving getting dressed each morning, showing off my figure and being so confident in who I am in my job and in life.

I must say it has been almost as easy as falling off a log for me and I consider myself more than blessed in that regard. That being said, though, I have still emotionally and mentally had to deal with the issues that brought me to the surgery.

Another great blessing for me has been the lack of real physical hunger since the day of surgery. Even now there are times when I can only eat a few ounces of real solid proteins. I eat what I want, within reason and get tastes of things rather than eating whole pizzas, burgers, cakes, gallons of ice cream, etc.

I am literally half my size, began with dress 22-24 and now 10-12. When I look in the mirror I have to do a double take sometimes. I like the way I look in clothes and out of my clothes, there are the usual spots we all don't like and I have my body challenges, but you know what? I've earned this body and I love it as it is.

My advice to anyone thinking about the surgery is make sure it's the right thing for you. You've got to be ready for the surgery and the life changes afterwards. It's not a miracle cure but it can work wonders for you and your life, giving you a real future of health to look forward to.

I stopped doing many things over 250 lbs and now am back to riding motorcycle with my husband, hiking and camping, enjoying the outdoors, being able to move and do the physical work demanded for my job, etc.

I pray continually for my surgeon and the staff and ask God's blessings upon their work, upon their hands. I pray for everyone on this site and am very vocal about the sleeve surgery to anyone who inquires.

All the very best and thanks for reading. On to the 3rd surgiversary!

Submit "Two Year Surgiversary" to Digg Submit "Two Year Surgiversary" to del.icio.us Submit "Two Year Surgiversary" to StumbleUpon Submit "Two Year Surgiversary" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You look beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing your inspirational results. You look amazing!!
    Thank you so much for posting your uplifting story:-)
    Thanks for sharing your story....... Your before and after pics. really hit it home to me that 2 yrs from now I too will be able to share my success! I know that this journey is a day by day journey and am thankful for all of you who share your stories!

Congrats on your success!
    Congrats . Love the see the inspirational stories and struggles. thanks for sharing..
    Thank you for posting your story! It gives me so much hope!
    So happy for you, Thank you for sharing it really is encouraging!
    You look great! Thanks for sharing your story. I really needed it.
    You look amazing! Congratulations and good luck to you in the future.
    Congrats to you...you look amazing! I would like to thank you for something you said. I am almost 19 months out, and I too have "body challenges"...lol. I love your saying "I've earned this body and I love it as it is." I am going to say that to myself every day when I look in the mirror before my shower - I still struggle with the 'bad self-talk' when I see myself naked. Hopefully your mantra will help me! Thanks so much!
    Great post, great picture and great job!!!
    We were close tipo the same surgery date and I remember you! I am so glad you updated!! You look fantastic! I have lost 127 lbs and feel great too! So happy for you!
    You look fantastic!!