Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Anissa Christine

It has been a long time.....

Rate this Entry
It has been quite awhile since I posted on this forum. But wanted to check back in and let everyone know (who cares..lol) that I am doing fabulous. Sometimes when people "disappear" the assumption can be the person is "struggling". For me, it's the opposite. I am thriving and enjoying the life, that in the past, I have only dreamed of living.

I am 19 months post-op (sleeve) and just over 4 months post-plastics (December). I had an abdominoplasty, adjustable breast implants, and extensive liposuction. I will say that choosing to have plastic surgery was the absolute best choice for me. While I initially thought that losing the weight would be "all I needed to be happy", it wasn't. But I will say I had a very negative view about plastics until I had lost 80% of my excess weight.

I am still extremely physically active. I don't count calories, carbs, etc. I know my body well enough now that there is no need to micromanage it. Besides I had this surgery to be normal and healthy. And while the scale was a staple of my life for a very long time, I have actually been "scale sober" since the day I had plastic surgery. I will weigh again, but it's not a priority.

Here are my stats:

Highest weight: 387 pounds
Surgery weight: 254 pounds
Weight the day of plastic surgery: 153 pounds
I am 5'8".

I hope everyone is leading their journey by their rules/goals!

Here are a few pics of my incredible journey!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	787.7 KB 
ID:	18266

Submit "It has been a long time....." to Digg Submit "It has been a long time....." to del.icio.us Submit "It has been a long time....." to StumbleUpon Submit "It has been a long time....." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad to hear you are doing so well! I miss your wisdom around here, but I completely understand. I find myself hanging around the forum less myself. Thanks for the update!
    Hey thanks for checking in with us. I had my sleeve surgery in San Antonio as well. I am six plus months out and already planning for my plastics. Who did you go to for the the body work?
    Quote Originally Posted by reading mom
    Glad to hear you are doing so well! I miss your wisdom around here, but I completely understand. I find myself hanging around the forum less myself. Thanks for the update!

Aww thanks! I used to be so consumed by this forum but then I realized I needed to focus more on ME, and less on everyone else...haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Verbena
    Hey thanks for checking in with us. I had my sleeve surgery in San Antonio as well. I am six plus months out and already planning for my plastics. Who did you go to for the the body work?

I went to Dr. Thomas Jeneby. He is AMAZING! He is VERY straight forward (letting me know what I REALLY needed to have my desired outcome), which is what I needed in a plastic surgeon.
    totally agree! good to hear from you! you look awesome!
    Wow! You look fantastic and sounds like you're loving life. Thanks for sharing your inspiring results!
    You are doing great!!!!!!
    Awesome results! Congratulations!
    Amazing thank you and well done xx
    You look amazing! I also do not come on here much but am starting to look at prices for my plastics as I get closer to goal. I am so glad you posted as I have been wondering how you have been doing!!!
    You look like a million dollars!
    You look great!
    Dramatic results!! You look fabulous!!
    Annisa! I remember you, we had our sleeves done a few weeks apart and we were both on this wonderful site quite often at that time! I am like you, very active and doing well! Your pictures look wonderful! I have been a little slower at losing, but I am down to 160 and have not done any plastics yet.. (hoping to in the fall)! Meanwhile, I too am loving my new healthier life post sleeve!! Great Job!! Tami
    Congrats! You look great....
    wow ... thanks for sharing the pics and congratulations. What a transformation!
    Quote Originally Posted by musicmom
    Annisa! I remember you, we had our sleeves done a few weeks apart and we were both on this wonderful site quite often at that time! I am like you, very active and doing well! Your pictures look wonderful! I have been a little slower at losing, but I am down to 160 and have not done any plastics yet.. (hoping to in the fall)! Meanwhile, I too am loving my new healthier life post sleeve!! Great Job!! Tami

Hi Tami!! I remember you too!! Glad you are doing well (and it shows) and enjoying life! Great job to you too!! Who knew life could be this great!?
    And thank you all for the wonderful compliments/comments! Even at 19 months post-op I never get tired of them...after going so many years without them..lol
    You look absolutely amazing! Great job!
    Lady, you look amazing!
    You look awesome.