Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Windizzle

Pain and energy

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone.. Please excuse me if I am posting in the incorrect spot. I'm still getting used to this form.
I just have a couple of questions and was hoping I could get some input.
I had my surgery on 3/31/2014. I'm still on liquids; Tuesday I get. To start the second phase of my foods. I currently have no energy what so every. I tried working on Saturday and literally could barely get through my day. I'm taking my vitamins but just feel so tired and have no energy. Will my energy level pick up? Soon? Also, I am still having a lot of pain when sit down. Mostly on the left side. It is extremely painful to bend over too. I know I'm not that far post op but I just want to make sure there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am self employed and if I don't work I don't make money. I have today and tomorrow off and I am not doing anything but resting. I'm not on any pain medicine either. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all...

Submit "Pain and energy" to Digg Submit "Pain and energy" to del.icio.us Submit "Pain and energy" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pain and energy" to Google

Comments

Depending on the severity of the pain, what you are experiencing sounds pretty typical. Most people have no energy to begin with simply because you are not getting the calories that your body needs. As you progress towards real food this will get better and even though it seems like it never will, you will get back to having normal energy levels soon. Your pain could be anything from a stitch to constipation or something serious. If it gets worse or reaches a point that it is not tolerable I would get checked by your doctor.

The hardest part is behind you and things get easier every day from here. I hope your pain relents soon. Good Luck
    You will get stronger the further out you get from surgery. Did your dr recommend B12? Its great for energy. It really takes about six weeks to get the surgery behind you and feel normal. Hope you are pain free soon:-)
    The energy will return and then you will not be able to hold yourself down. lol
    Get gummy complete vitamins, a b12 vitamin, slowly add soft/pureed foods, some will sit well, others will not. Do not skip the protein! Force something into you as soon as you open your eyes, some yogurt or cottage cheese, eaten in small bite and slowly. Then drink a protein drink, whatever you prefer...slowly.
    I opted for monthly B12 injections.
    As others are saying, it sounds pretty normal. There were times in the first month that I would just have to lay down on the couch. After a month it was a ton better though.

As far as the pain is concerned, you should call your doctor. Though many of us experienced pain after surgery, it's best to talk that through with the doctor.

Things will get better, just be patient and remember that your body just went through a lot and then the energy it needs (food) to get better you have decided to not give it.