Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Narasweet

A year since I started this journey :-)

Rate this Entry
I started April last year in changing my eating and drinking habits, eg giving up Pepsi max, by surgery date I had already lost 10 k (22lbs) and was off insulin. My surgery date was July 11.

I had severe reflux and had a hard time balancing blood pressure now on half the amount of medication for that and off most other medication. While I have lost 20 k since then,but clothing size has gone from 24/26 to 18/20 and some 16. My shoes size has reduced a full size and no longer need wide fitting, can tuck tight leg pants into my boots and wear socks to keep them almost firm, lol. Ring size much smaller too.

I exercise EVERY day!! A variety of weights and toning class, power walking etc to free videos, just google there are heaps of dance ones too. We have an exercise bike in use daily. It is still hard as I push as soon as a level is almost comfortable so my muscles complain, loudly.

I am very proud go the progress I have made but some days I miss stuff from my old life, like being able to eat and drink at the same time. I rarely have alcohol and sometimes cannot think of what to eat that is different...I am gluten free too and sometimes the smell of baking bread makes me drool, but most days it is easy to keep making good choices I am just going through a sad time and I used to be an emotional eater, so will pick myself up and dust myself off and go dance awhile.

I have a life now and have not been this healthy in decades, so for the newbies I say go for it!!!

Submit "A year since I started this journey :-)" to Digg Submit "A year since I started this journey :-)" to del.icio.us Submit "A year since I started this journey :-)" to StumbleUpon Submit "A year since I started this journey :-)" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Looking good!
    Great accomplishment.. Thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration!
    great post narasweet ... amazing how life has changed for you in just one year. You have made great decisions for yourself and the success you are having has been earned. Congratulations.
    Cheers to you!! Keep up the good work!!
    Happy surgaversary:-)
    That's really great! Congrats to you and I wish you even more success in the future!
    Aww thank you all, was going to go clothing shopping today but decided to wait until city visit tomorrow to try Op Shops :-)

Wishing you all a healthy happy transformation, hugs from down under....Christine