Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

a2twinsnanny

Upper Endoscopy/ egd completed today

Rate this Entry
I has my endoscopy this morning and it went well. I am not tired at all. I have two hiatal hernias and some deteriation of my stomach lining. the surgeon says that the hernias can be repaired during surgery and the stomach lining problem might be a bacteria that he will give me some meds to treat.
During the long wait time to get the procedure done I recieved an ekg and a chest x-ray. Those were also things that need to be submitted for the insurance approval.
I can cross that off my list, now on to the next several hoops I must jump through to get approved. This biggesst hoop is completing the 6 month supervised diet. So April will be my 4th supervised visit appointment... closer to the finish line but 90 days seems like a long time until surgery geeze.

Submit "Upper Endoscopy/ egd completed today" to Digg Submit "Upper Endoscopy/ egd completed today" to del.icio.us Submit "Upper Endoscopy/ egd completed today" to StumbleUpon Submit "Upper Endoscopy/ egd completed today" to Google

Comments

I am scheduled to have my EDG done tomorrow morning. Kind of nervous.... The time ifs going to pass real fast! I swear i just went in for my first visit
    So I am not sure if this is normal but last night I was pretty uncomfortable. I have had acid relfux before but it hasn't been bothering me for a while. Since I had the EGD yesterday, my stomach seems a little upset and not pleased with my food choices. I had to sleep sitting up because 5 hours after eating my food kept coming up while I slept. Today I ate my normal oatmeal breakfast and my stomach was uncomfortable again. It feels achey and like I want to stop eating until this passes.
    If I am having side effects just by my surgeon looking at my upper GI I wonder how it will feel when I am finally sleeved
    My nurse says sometimes you can be a little uncomfortable after call your surgeon if you don't feel better tomorrow
    My stomach is still a little sensitive but the acid reflux isn't bothering me anymore. I was just careful not to each too much today..maybe give it a few days to settle down.