Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jacquidaniels

QUESTION: help please

Rate this Entry
My husband just informed me that my girlfriends are planning a surprise party for me tomorrow night. (He knew I'd probably not go out had he not told me this close to surgery.) My birthday is soon (4/27) as is surgery on April 7th. I don't start my full liquid diet until April 2nd. Right now I am just following a high protein, low carb diet that I have been doing for the last few months. My question is this. Am I able to have some wine tomorrow, or will that totally screw things up? I absolutely do not want to sabotage my surgery plans. Just curious. Thanks!

Submit "QUESTION: help please" to Digg Submit "QUESTION: help please" to del.icio.us Submit "QUESTION: help please" to StumbleUpon Submit "QUESTION: help please" to Google

Comments

If you have been dieting for the last couple of months im sure a few wines and some nice food wont sabotage anything. The real weightloss will come with the liquid diet. I recommend you get in touch with your surgeon and explain it and ask whether that would be an issue. I was advised I needed a 14 day VLCD and i had a few cheats. I then got all nervous they would cancel qnd the nurse just said to me they werent concerned about weightloss just that my liver shrank. I lost 5.5kg on the preop diet with a few burgers thrown in and my liver apparently looked fine when they cut me open.
    Enjoy your wine, and happy birthday!
    Have a wonderful time and best wishes for an upcoming Happy Birthday! Enjoy your wine! I don't usually drink a lot, but a male friend that had the surgery said he can't consume two beers anymore or he's drunk. lol So enjoy! Best luck with your new journey of life. You're going to love it!
    Enjoy your evening with your friends! I doubt a glass or two of wine will hurt.
    Thank you everyone! I think you are all right. I've never been a heavy drinker, well except maybe when I first turned 21! Certainly not now, ten years later. I have a 5 day "liver detox" as I like to call it. So I'm not going to stress myself out worrying. Thank you!
    Life is too short to skip wine. Have fun and happy birthday!
    Have one sip for the Gastric Sleeve group! LOL
    Enjoy your party. A few sips and bites won't hurt. Missing the fun and the moment will.
    Enjoy the wine, not to worry, you will not break. Happy birthday and good luck in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by HGfromOmaha
    Have one sip for the Gastric Sleeve group! LOL
    I love that!
    Thank you everyone! It was a great party! I felt loved and was surprised by how much surgery support I have!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metread
    Enjoy your party. A few sips and bites won't hurt. Missing the fun and the moment will.
    Agreed, thank you!