Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tc011483

Finally feel READY!

Rate this Entry
I'm in the process of working toward my sleeve and I feel like it is all I think about and talk about, haha. I read posts on here all the time and am so inspired by all of your stories--successes and challenges! For so many years I have been seeing friends and family lose weight by surgery or by other means and always thought, "man, I wish I could do that". Even though I started talking about surgery a few months ago with my doctor, it wasn't until today that I actually pictured myself thinner and healthier. Surgery is still a few months away for me, but I can feel it, I can taste it. I can imagine a life where I don't have to search the back of the racks for my size. I can imagine a life where I don't notice the arms of every chair I sit in. I can imagine being happier, healthier, and a better wife and mom. So THANK YOU to all of you for sharing your stories. I finally feel ready to do this thing!

Submit "Finally feel READY!" to Digg Submit "Finally feel READY!" to del.icio.us Submit "Finally feel READY!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Finally feel READY!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

welcome - there's a lot of support here!
    The way that you described the way you feel makes me feel like I am not so crazy. Deciding to get surgery is a major decision and of course it will be a lifestyle change..not just another diet that doesn't stick nor another expensive weight-loss clinic that you spend all your money at just to gain it back after you stop paying. I think about this surgery often and initially didn't plan on telling anyone about it, but now that I am getting closer to my goal I find myself wanting to discuss it with others instead of keeping it a secret like I planned. I figure people judge me now cause I am chubby and they will probably judge me when I lose the weight, so I might as well just be proud of myself no matter what.
    I am happy that you feel positive about this change and hope that everything goes smoothly for you. So where are you in the process? Do you need to do a supervised diet?
    Quote Originally Posted by a2twinsnanny
    The way that you described the way you feel makes me feel like I am not so crazy. Deciding to get surgery is a major decision and of course it will be a lifestyle change..not just another diet that doesn't stick nor another expensive weight-loss clinic that you spend all your money at just to gain it back after you stop paying. I think about this surgery often and initially didn't plan on telling anyone about it, but now that I am getting closer to my goal I find myself wanting to discuss it with others instead of keeping it a secret like I planned. I figure people judge me now cause I am chubby and they will probably judge me when I lose the weight, so I might as well just be proud of myself no matter what.
    I am happy that you feel positive about this change and hope that everything goes smoothly for you. So where are you in the process? Do you need to do a supervised diet?

That's so true. No matter what we do, someone is always going to have an opinion about it, so what does it matter? I think the day I decided to have surgery is the day I realized that I don't have to answer to anyone and that feels great!

So far, I have had my psych eval and a nutrition class. I have appointments scheduled with my surgeon, nutritionist, and behavioral therapist throughout April. I will start a supervised diet once I meet with the nutritionist. That part makes me a little nervous, but I know I can do it! How about you? You mentioned you are close...do you have a surgery date??
    I'm not very close but am closer than I was last year when I will was contemplating the surgery. I initiated everything in January (seminar, consult,started supervised visits) So each month I feel like I am one step closer. I am looking at getting the surgery in July so that is still 4 months away..but the months are going by quickly and I have 3 more months of supervised visits.
    I don't have a date, but I have a specific 2 week frame (over my summer break) that I am hoping to have the surgery but of course if it is sooner or later I will take it I go back to work the first week in August after summer break so I hope it can happen then.
    Good luck to you! I hope that you get the date you're hoping for! If it's meant to be, it will be.