Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

taisha

happy and sad all at once

Rate this Entry
ok everyone i'm really happy that my weight is coming off maybe i won't have to do that two week pre-op(fingers crossed) i heard that some people just have to do the two day clear liquids before the wls. but i'm also sad because i'm losing my hair in the process Lord knows my hair is already thin..lol so i guess i have a few options cut it off and start from scratch or stock up on some pretty wigs i seen at the wig shop online any suggestions i'm taking alive one a day for women until my bariatric vitamins come in.

Submit "happy and sad all at once" to Digg Submit "happy and sad all at once" to del.icio.us Submit "happy and sad all at once" to StumbleUpon Submit "happy and sad all at once" to Google

Tags: hair loss Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My doc told me to add 2000 mg of flaxseed oil to your daily vitamin intake...good for the heart, helps prevent the hair loss. Shampoo with nioxin also. Best of luck!
    I was on 10,000 of biotin for a yr before I was sleeved to help grow out a pixie cut...which it did. My hair got almost to mid-neck. That ended when I started shedding a couple of weeks ago. The biotin did nothing to stop that. I know its from the rapid weight loss. I went back to a pixie cut Wigs are fun though. You can change you color and personality anytime you want!
    Mine has thinned out terrible over the last few months! My surgeon said to add zinc into my diet for now and then maybe biotin after. My hair is my best feature right now, I fear losing any more!
    I was on another diet that made me shed my hair in combination with peri menopause nothing could help, not even biotin. My hair had always been healthy and a bit past my shoulders. So before I cut my hair, I went out and bought quality hair and make some clip ons. It saved me money, I can use them again, even after a pixie cut, and convenient. So I can go from short to long and back again and it looks like my own hair.
    True they do everyone diff! I had to do the two day clear liquid diet before surgery! N yes stock up on wigs n or biotin n folic acid! I thank God for my thick hair or I would hav Been a lot thinner! It began too come out about 6 months postop! N I am 9 months out n been on those pills daily for month or so n it has slowed down thank God! It does happen due too hormonal changes n nutrition changes! Good luck n keep ur head up girl! Good luck n God Bless!
    just remember it comes back!! don't despair.
    Maybe you ain't getting enough protein my dr said to eat at least 60 grams a day