Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lizbutterfly0504

Yes, approved

Rate this Entry
Today is day one of my two week liquid diet and I was notified today that my insurance was approved. I am happy, excited, nervous, a little anxious all at once. I have never had surgery so that is why I have a little nervousness.

Surgery is 4/8 at 10am. My preop is 4/4. When I say next weekend is jammed packed.I have my dr. Appt, daughter hair appt, women's retreat for church, daughters prom and baptism all that the weekend of 4/4-4/6.

So far I doing better than expected on the liquid. I left work early was tired up all night oh did I mention also a full time student. I won't say I am not hungry but I don't have that I am "starving" feeling you know that serious hunger pain.

Well I off for a little nap & then up to do some cleaning in preparation.

Submit "Yes, approved" to Digg Submit "Yes, approved" to del.icio.us Submit "Yes, approved" to StumbleUpon Submit "Yes, approved" to Google

Comments

Yay!!! Congratulations!
    I started my liquid diet today too... My stomach is growling, but I'm getting through it, trying to drink lots of water. I think it's good you are having a busy weekend coming up b/c that will help take your mind off of it.. I know I am looking to book my own schedule pretty tight as well! Good luck on your up-coming surgery and congratulations!
    Congratulations ,on your upcoming surgery I am 11 weeks and it has been a amazing. I have lost 31 lbs. hang in there make sure you get a sippy cup, a baby spoon and fork , so you can get the right size, you need to eat very slowly and. Sip your fluid all thru day. God Bless Good Luck keep us all posted. If you need to vent or talk that is what we are here for.
    Yay! I started my liquid diet a day early so I am on day 2!!!! Congrats!!!! I decided to occupy my off time with furniture shopping.... house shopping.. anything to get me out the house
    Surgery day will be here before you know it! Good thing you already have lots going on so thd time will fly by:-)
    congrats like everyone said you have busy days ahead so the liquid diet shouldn't be to bad. continue to keep busy and good luck with your surgery.
    congrats and hope all goes well for you !! God Bless
    Congrats! N God Bless!
    How are you doing on your liquid diet? Today was a little struggle for me.
    The busy day I had at work today has me thinking about a busy weekend that I may go to long in between shakes, etc and then trying to guzzle it all down later. This is not good as today I didn't feel so good, just a little weak and I wear glasses and I swore I got crossed eyed.
    Thanks for the well wishes

Quote Originally Posted by amandajane
    I started my liquid diet today too... My stomach is growling, but I'm getting through it, trying to drink lots of water. I think it's good you are having a busy weekend coming up b/c that will help take your mind off of it.. I know I am looking to book my own schedule pretty tight as well! Good luck on your up-coming surgery and congratulations!
    Thank you still excited and nervous already about to be on day 4 of liquid diet and before you know will be having surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by lundbergmn
    Yay!!! Congratulations!
    I remember reading about the baby spoon it is on my list of things to get this weekend, although I really don't need anything LOL. I have my gas x strips bought those 2 weeks ago. Why the sippy cup again?

I appreciate the extended hand to talk or vent, means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by donna1743
    Congratulations ,on your upcoming surgery I am 11 weeks and it has been a amazing. I have lost 31 lbs. hang in there make sure you get a sippy cup, a baby spoon and fork , so you can get the right size, you need to eat very slowly and. Sip your fluid all thru day. God Bless Good Luck keep us all posted. If you need to vent or talk that is what we are here for.
    Being busy is perfect, the time will fly by. I actually spent the weekend the lake with friends when I was doing my liquid diet. I would dine on broth while they were eating fancy meals, but it was no big deal, and so totally worth it. I was not hungry, just a little bored with the diet. I did freeze some of the chocolate protein drinks so they tasted like a Wendy's Frosty.
    Congrats! And good luck with surgery!