Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KASHMIRXXX

Has anyone had work done?

Rate this Entry
FEELING HAPPY, YET NERVOUS BECAUSE MY FAMILY DOES NOT SUPPORT MY DECISION.

Submit "Has anyone had work done?" to Digg Submit "Has anyone had work done?" to del.icio.us Submit "Has anyone had work done?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Has anyone had work done?" to Google

Comments

hi kashmirxxx don't feel bad you are not alone. i told my mom that i was going to have wls and gave me every reason why i shouldn't. i tell everyone if i could lose the weight myself i wouldn't have to get it done but i need help. so when we speak i don't talk about it with her any more i need positive feed back in my life. my husband is my support system and this site is a godsend where you have people who's been there or are going through with you.
    Hello K, your husband is all you need. If family loves you they will support you. They don't necessarily have to agree but just be there for you and respect your decision. Unconditional love is hard to come by sometimes especially from family. You and your hubby stay positive and be around positive people. Keep doing great things!!!!!
    Other people don't always understand our situation. Our weight is killing us. This isn't cosmetic surgery for us-it's medically necessary. And if you need cosmetic or what I call "corrective" surgery afterwards then do it. I wish I could have a tummy tuck and a thigh lift. And I don't care what anyone else thinks about it.
    I was very selective about who I told that I had the surgery. I knew my mom would freak out and I knew my very loud sister in law would tell everyone plus tell all the horror stories she has ever heard weather they are true or not. I decided that they will get the "I am working out and seeing a nutritionist" line. They can suspect all they want, they can even guess behind my back, I don't care. I didn't need their negativity. I did tell the people that would support me. My hubby, my kids, my brother and my best friend. Other than that, it is no ones business. I recommend you find the people in your life that will be supportive and focus on them. The others are not helping you.
    As for getting work done. I am saving up now. I definitely see a mommy makeover happening in a bout a year. I have also already started getting recommendations from the local support group of people that have had work done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Booboo
    Hello K, your husband is all you need. If family loves you they will support you. They don't necessarily have to agree but just be there for you and respect your decision. Unconditional love is hard to come by sometimes especially from family. You and your hubby stay positive and be around positive people. Keep doing great things!!!!!

Thanks for your reply, yes my husband is all I have but he does not seem to be excited...Because he is 10years older than me..(im 25.hes 35)..he wont say why?..but he thinks i'm going to get big headed and leave him..smh...plus he loves bbw woman so im taking his bread and butter away..but he still coming with me..lol...but I love him so much, and he will be excited when I do give him a 2nd child . just want to be fit for my kid(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taisha
    hi kashmirxxx don't feel bad you are not alone. i told my mom that i was going to have wls and gave me every reason why i shouldn't. i tell everyone if i could lose the weight myself i wouldn't have to get it done but i need help. so when we speak i don't talk about it with her any more i need positive feed back in my life. my husband is my support system and this site is a godsend where you have people who's been there or are going through with you.

Yes girl! we have to do it for are selves...i can out eat anyone I swear on that....I dnt want to do meth or weird drugs to lose the weight but....this is my last resort and I want to catch it early!..keep your headup I support you!
    Quote Originally Posted by teresaloves2trvl
    Other people don't always understand our situation. Our weight is killing us. This isn't cosmetic surgery for us-it's medically necessary. And if you need cosmetic or what I call "corrective" surgery afterwards then do it. I wish I could have a tummy tuck and a thigh lift. And I don't care what anyone else thinks about it.

I don't know why people hate on wls but are quick to love getting implants and everything eles..this is for are health!..Are health is the issue here..how much excess skin do you have?..is there a way to avoid it?
    The only person I told was my husband. I went to Mexico alone had the procedure and left. That was 15 days ago and I'm feeling wonderful. Keep on Keeping on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Girl
    The only person I told was my husband. I went to Mexico alone had the procedure and left. That was 15 days ago and I'm feeling wonderful. Keep on Keeping on!

Congrats girlee keep me updated with everything I will be checking on you
    I am enjoying my sleeve and am 15 lbs from my goal. Once my weight stabilizes and I sell my house, you better believe I am getting corrective surgeries (tt, some lipo and breast lift/implants.)

Best wishes as you go on your journey.