Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

delisa

Today I am breaking up with food & need advice.

Rate this Entry
Last week I was feeling great about my weight loss since surgery -20 in 2 weeks. They allowed me to start eatting soft foods. So far I have been eating yogurt, cottage cheese doubles, egg whites with hummus and salsa and fate free cheese and lentil soup. Now my weigh loss has stopped and Im going crazy. Am I eating something wrong? I spoke to my trainer and we are going to start working out again this wednesday. I have decided to write a break up letter to food. All those comfort food, fast foods, sweets, Ive decided to get rid of them and hope that this will help me on my weight loss journey. I am feeling kind of down about my weight loss not moving along and I feel like my old self before I lost the weight. If that makes any sense. I don't feel like I did lose the weight and I am kind of depressed about that. Do any of you have any suggestions regarding foods to try? I have stopped taking protein shakes maybe thats the problem? Im not to good at this whole food thing its all new to me. I have faith and I am trying to keep positive that within 1 year I will be down to my goal weight of 135.

Submit "Today I am breaking up with food & need advice." to Digg Submit "Today I am breaking up with food & need advice." to del.icio.us Submit "Today I am breaking up with food & need advice." to StumbleUpon Submit "Today I am breaking up with food & need advice." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Stalls suck and they happen to everyone. Make sure you are keeping track of what you eat, drink and protein intake. Try to stay off the scale and just weigh once a week, otherwise you will make yourself crazy. They are just a way for your body to cope with rapid weight loss. The scale will move again when your body is ready. Read through the forums on stalls to see what others suggest:-)
    I still drink two protein shakes a day and eat 2-3 small meals. I track calories how many calories are you eating? How much can you eat in one sitting? I can only eat 1/4 - 1/2 cup. I only get 600-650 calories. lentil soup may have lots of sodium. Did the Dr. send you home with a meal plan or anything?
    Don't get down. Just focus on getting your protein and eating slow. 20 in 2 weeks is good!
    I understand who you feel. I am 17 days out and was not seeing any change on the scale in a few days it is scary!I did what was recommended on here by someone else, i am focusing in my fluids and protein and hoping that helps. I do not eat much not because I am not hungry I just dont really know what foods I should eat i get a little worried to try new foods. You should be proud 20 pounds is great!!you are on your way.hang in there.
    First you need to understand that stalls are part of the process, they WILL happen. I would suggest that you start tracking everything. Remember your ABC's (All Bites Count). As long as you are within the guidelines of your surgical team you will do fine. Also instead of weighing in daily start doing it once a week. IF you havent done it yet, take your measurements NOW and then once a week on your weighin day. Many times when the scales stop moving you will see drastic changes in your measurements. Your body has to adjust to the drop in calories and also to the procedure you just endured. Godspeed on your journey.
    Your body has gone through a radical change. If you average it out, you have lost 1.5 lbs per day for 2 weeks. It needs to rest. Search "3 week stall" on here and you will see hundreds of posts from people like yourself who have hit a stall at some point around 3 weeks. If you read their later posts you will see they always come out of the stalls. You will too. Stick to the plan and don't worry about the number on the scale. After all it's just a number. Look at how you feel and how things fit. Those are the real measurement of your success. I would say good luck but you don't need luck. Determination and a great attitude will get you much further than luck!