Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

newclear

New Tummy - Case Cracked

Rate this Entry
Without going into explicit details, I've had issues with my body's ability to retain practically anything nutrient rich (non-clear fluids, including yoghurts). A part of this has caused some unnerving issues I've mentioned previously which lead me to the ER to make sure it's safe for me to be at home (I live alone). My surgeon recommended that instead of 30-45 mins for a 6 oz (1/2 serving protein) shake (with no water in between), try 6-8 oz (full serving) over 1.5 hrs minimum. I tried that to similar ends.

Yesterday, I had a shake over a period of ~3 hrs at 8 oz, 1 full serving protein shake (milk/soy based) with 50 g plain, low fat yoghurt mixed in. It was rough to do, but I drank clear fluids in between, and it worked. No running for the bathroom, heart palpitations, cramps, chills or a sore stomach type feeling. Being human, I of course ruined it by eating 2.5 oz strawberry yoghurt with 8 g sugar in it in 1 hr in the evening. About an hour later, I was tripping over my own feet for the bathroom.

Lesson: this is major surgery. Be patient with your new body. Treat it kindly and it will be kind to you.

Submit "New Tummy - Case Cracked" to Digg Submit "New Tummy - Case Cracked" to del.icio.us Submit "New Tummy - Case Cracked" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Tummy - Case Cracked" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

There is a learning curve in discovering what your new belly will tolerate. That will change too. Things you cant tolerate now you may be able to eat in a couple of months. It takes time, just be patient:-)