Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

denise.jordan39

Warning signs that you are having an acute gallbladder attic

Rate this Entry
Just got back from from emergency gallbladder surgery. It was rough. Hurts way more than the sleeve surgery. I had a great surgeon that actually explained things. First off symptoms. I started about 8 days out. My best description is someone shoved a butcher knife under my right rib all the way to the back. In fact, since I've been plagued with back pain most of my life, I thought it was that. When I started having problems with getting anything in, everything was making me nauseated. By early Wednesday morning which was day thirteen days post-op. I started having dry heaves and I knew it was something serious. The ER doctor ordered a sonogram which BTW doesn't always show how bad. They were concerned about doing another surgery so soon. The first surgeon was sure I had just not been following my diet. He said "Are you sure you haven't been putting ice cream in your protein shake?" When I said no, I don't think he believed me. He wanted to wait & see. Then the ER doctor was still concerned so he ordered a nuclear test that they can watch the nuclear dye go through. It took 90 minutes, thank goodness for dilauded, but as soon as they got those results, they couldn't get me in surgery fast enough. My gallbladder was infected and ready to rupture. So, back to square one on recovery. I get to stay on my eating schedule, so I'm on pureed now. Feels like I got kicked by a horse. I asked why it hurt so much worse. He saidwe your other surgery didn't involve removing a swollen, puss filled organ. Oh, and he explained the whole gas pain thing. What really happens is when they fill your belly with gas, it stretches your diaphragm. You share nerves with the diaphragm and your shoulders/neck. So when they release the gas, your diaphragm snaps back and you end up with a sprained diaphragm. The reason walking works is because it helps the diaphragm to relax. So, back to day one. I'll recover eventually.

Submit "Warning signs that you are having an acute gallbladder attic" to Digg Submit "Warning signs that you are having an acute gallbladder attic" to del.icio.us Submit "Warning signs that you are having an acute gallbladder attic" to StumbleUpon Submit "Warning signs that you are having an acute gallbladder attic" to Google

Comments

Sorry for to hear you had such a rough go of it...take it easy and enjoy a full, speedy recovery.
    Holy smokes! Glad you caught it in time. The gas from gallbladder surgery is hell on earth! Hope you are on the mend soon:-)
    Oh my gosh!!I am so sorry to hear this. I had my gall bladder out a few years ago I know how you are feeling and you are right the pain is worse than the sleeve.Hang in there I am thinking about you and sending good thought your way.You will be back to yourself in no time.
    I had my gall bladder removed over 5 years ago. And thank god it became infected because if not by doing a ct-scan I would not have found out I had kidney cancer. The thing is about gall bladders acting up sometimes is the drastic diet changes. Mine started acting up a month after being on Nutri-System. That is why a lot of times the Bariatric doctor will remove the gall bladder too if they see problems. Get better and have a speedy recovery hon.
    so why don't they take the gallbladder out too during surgery? doesn't make sense if they have to take it out eventually! glad your ok though!
    I had mine taken out at the same time as my sleeve was done this past Monday. I am so sorry that this happened to you. I had gallbladder attacks for years before this, some major and some mild, all very painful. When my ultrasound showed stones, they were more than happy to take it out. Healing thoughts to you.
    hope you feel better soon. thanks for sharing