Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mimi4

How do you keep losing?

Rate this Entry
I had my surgery 9/30/2013 and have lost 50 pounds. I have 32 pounds left to be at my goal. Any suggestions how to start losing again? I usually go weeks without losing then all of a sudden I will drop 10 pounds one day at a time. Then the process starts all over. No loss, then 1-1 1/2 months later I will drop more. Anyone have this happen to them? What did you do to make the weight loss ongoing. I really want to get to my goal weight this year and I believe I can get the 32 pounds off.

Submit "How do you keep losing?" to Digg Submit "How do you keep losing?" to del.icio.us Submit "How do you keep losing?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How do you keep losing?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

One of the things I do I mix up my meal plans. I was given guidelines of 900 calories, 70 - 80g protein with no more than 100 g carbs and never more than 25g of sugar per day. Now I don't always eat all my calories, and I rarely eat 100 g of carbs. But what I do is make sure I don't eat the same thing day after day. I challenge myself to mix it up and find new ways to hit my protein goals. Some weeks I will eat at the top in of my carb limit but I make sure I keep my fat intake very low. Some weeks I keep my carb intake low but my fats are high (but always healthy like avocados and olive oil). Some weeks I push my work outs so that I double my steps per day and some weeks I don't.

I have noticed that this keeps me on a steady, even though it may seem slow, but constant weight loss path. Plus, I don't get bored by my food. I keep trying out new things and new tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Verbena
    One of the things I do I mix up my meal plans. I was given guidelines of 900 calories, 70 - 80g protein with no more than 100 g carbs and never more than 25g of sugar per day. Now I don't always eat all my calories, and I rarely eat 100 g of carbs. But what I do is make sure I don't eat the same thing day after day. I challenge myself to mix it up and find new ways to hit my protein goals. Some weeks I will eat at the top in of my carb limit but I make sure I keep my fat intake very low. Some weeks I keep my carb intake low but my fats are high (but always healthy like avocados and olive oil). Some weeks I push my work outs so that I double my steps per day and some weeks I don't.

I have noticed that this keeps me on a steady, even though it may seem slow, but constant weight loss path. Plus, I don't get bored by my food. I keep trying out new things and new tastes.

i LOVE this advice!!! awesome - thanks for the tip!!!
    My weight loss seems to go in several week cycles. I wont lose anything for 2-3 weeks and then I am down a few pounds. Have really been struggling to get my food in since I had the stomach flu two weeks ago. Liquids are fine, but I have a harder time with solid foods right now.

Going to have to run to town to get an avocado and some greek yogurt. I've mostly been living on a slice of cheese and some Canadian bacon or something like that this week.
    I was losing 2 or 3 one week then one the next. Just coming off a two week stall and lost one last week. I will have to shake things up a bit and see if that helps.
    I was Sleeved on 9/18/2013 and I've lost 45 pounds. My Doctor says that I'm doing O.K., but he thinks that I can do better. I have to admit that I think that my diet has a lot to do with it. I don't eat much, but I think it's what I eat - (oatmeal, yogurt, pretzels)- not a lot of protein. I'm going to take the advice of eating protein and drinking lots of water. My Goal is to get more exercise too. I don't want to get bored with what I'm eating. Does anyone have any good ideas for more protein? Recipes?