Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rocksjourney13

Esophagus Test

Rate this Entry
What is it? Does everyone have to get one? I dont remember anyone mentioning this test. Does it hurt? What are they testing for?

Submit "Esophagus Test" to Digg Submit "Esophagus Test" to del.icio.us Submit "Esophagus Test" to StumbleUpon Submit "Esophagus Test" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Is this a pre-op test? Are you talking about the EGD? Or the leak test of the stomach?
    You are probably talking about a barium swallow test and it is to check for a hernia, very easy, quick and painless.
    You swallow some barium liquid and they take x-rays.. painless and quick.
    I think we need more information. Did they call it an Esophagus Test, or an Endoscopy or an EGD?

If it's an Endoscopy or EGD that is a pretty typical pre op test. They put you partially under and put a scope down your throat and into your stomach to check for acid reflux. I did it and it wasn't a big deal, I work up feeling really good and ready to go.
    Thanks. I havent been told about this test yet. A girl I met at the hospital i go to texted me and asked me if I had been scheduled for the "esophagus test" yet. And since I have not been I have no further information. I had not even heard of it or at least do not remember this being mentioned as there is so much that has been discussed. I still do not know what pre op tests I will have to go through yet. Thanks for all the info you have provided.