Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

juztjes

31 Days Post Op - 11 Days - Nothing Lost

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by juztjes View Post
Warning -- YES here's another post about a stall --- if you dont want to hear/read about it...move on!

I had my surgery on 2/19 and was doing fairly well until 11 days ago when the scale stopped moving. I was averaging about a pound a day.....then nothing...day after day....for the past 11 days....nothing. I am so frustrated.

At my first visit with the surgeon I weighed 295.
Pre-Op appointment 286,
Day of Surgery (after 2 weeks liquid diet) 269.
I am now stuck at 253. Really?? 16 lbs since surgery??? What tha????? Maybe I am overreacting...but this is mind boggling!

I average about 600 calories a day.
30-40 grams of carbs
60-70 grams of protein
I started going to the gym 2 weeks ago. Cardio only - 30 minutes X 4 days per week.

I have an appointment next week with my surgeon. I don't know what is going on with me or what I should do to help get out of this rut. It's very emotionally disturbing and consumes my mind all day long. Hoping that this was the right choice for me....and not another failed attempt!

Submit "31 Days Post Op - 11 Days - Nothing Lost" to Digg Submit "31 Days Post Op - 11 Days - Nothing Lost" to del.icio.us Submit "31 Days Post Op - 11 Days - Nothing Lost" to StumbleUpon Submit "31 Days Post Op - 11 Days - Nothing Lost" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hello juztjes,

No need to worry, this is not another failed attempt at weight loss. The good thing is that your body is just trying to catch up from all that has happened in the past month, surgery and then the 33 pounds lost since your pre-op appointment. The bad thing is that it just means that you might not see movement on the scale which sets us all off to worrying and stressing ourselves out. During this time most people will notice other changes in their body happening.....clothes getting loser, inches lost. Have you noticed any of that yet?

As so many other people will tell you, you just have to keep doing what you're doing. make sure you continue to get in your protein and fluids and I'm glad to hear that you're already exercising. 33lbs is a great loss to have so far and the scale will start moving again.

I'm 10 weeks postop and have been where you are and even experienced a 3 week stall but now I'm down a total of 49 pounds so far and feeling great and getting into clothes I hadn't fit in years.

Best wishes and continued success on your journey.
    happened to me about that time also... and lasted almost 3 wks I know its frustrating... but just keep hydrated and focus on protein and it will start up again.. keep in mind u still have lots of swelling and retained water from surgery... gotta give your body time to adjust hang in there
    When I had my sleeve done, my doc stressed that I shouldn't pay attention to the scale, just pay attention to the inches lost. I didn't understand why he said that until a few days ago. Maybe your body is trying to make sense of what's going on and is trying to catch up. I don't think this is a failed attempt for you, just keep doing your cardio and eating right, and thinking positive and you'll be where you need to be in no time
    Stalls suck:-)