Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Think

5 Month Check-In

Rate this Entry
So... Today is my 5 month check-in. WOW, what amazing changes I have gone through, and continue to go through.

The weight loss has definitely slowed down, and I am good with that. I have 16 pounds to my goal of 125 which is a high school weight, and I have set a goal for that to happen before July 4th.

My size 8 jeans that I bought at Christmas time to wear in Dallas over New Years are loose, and the best fitting jeans I have is a 7 from the juniors department. My favorite jeans are 'vanity' sized and they are a loose size 4. I like them enough to consider tailoring them, since I think maybe they are no longer made. While I was in Dallas over New Years I had to purchase a belt for one of the two pairs of jeans and now I can only wear it on the smallest hole!

Never thought I would complain about buying smaller clothes! Removing some weight has been helpful for my back, that's for sure!

It's been several months since I have done my measurements, but I KNOW they are still getting smaller. I could be doing more exercise, but I am doing MUCH more than I was able to 6 months ago and I am good with that.

As far as eating, the things I still cannot tolerate are pasta, flour tortillas, bread, rice and potatoes. And I still drink at least one protein drink a day, which enables me to get in some veggies or salad which I dearly missed.

Have been getting things ready to put my house us for sale, so I can move to Dallas. My son and I have been painting rooms and such. Today we installed 2 interior doors and HE gave out before I did!! I just keep plugging away at things.

So grateful for my sleeve, I certainly could not have done this without Dr Kelly and my sleeve! Thank you for giving me my life back!!

Best wishes to all!

Submit "5 Month Check-In" to Digg Submit "5 Month Check-In" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Month Check-In" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Month Check-In" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Inspiring
    Outstanding. Congratulations!!
    Thank you both so much!
    Awesome progress! Congrats!
    Sounds like you're doing great. I appreciate you sharing. Gives me greater confidence in my decision to have the surgery.

Keep up the great work!
    You did great!
    Thank you all! Doing well. The only real difficulty I have is still finding that 'sweet' spot to know when I am full. I still have no hunger, so have had a harder time judging when I am full. And I definitely have to stop eating when I get that 'approaching full' feeling. If I don't listen, that extra bite throws me over the edge and I vomit.

But I will take vomiting any day over hunger. ;-)
    How wonderful! I cant wait until I am that close to goal. You look beautiful:-)