Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

meme_mayham

pre-gaming the stall!

Rate this Entry
I have seen many posts about stalling. once i have my sleeve done, i plan on coming to a stall, as it seems like its common, so I am going to take a few days to a week every 3 months and treat that week like i just had surgery that sunday, eat or i guess clear liquid diet for that week, and see if it will take me past the stall, i think...think, it will kick start that stall, and it will also remind me where i was, and not to forget. remind myself not to slip or to take it for granted that i am smaller, and i can eat what i want, how much and when etc. kind of like a regroup, once the stall passes, then move it to every 4 months, then 5, and if it comes to a point where i slip right off...it wont happen, im paying for this out of my pocket and im cheap lol, then i will do a full 2 weeks to get back on track. if we did a clear liquid diet for how ever many days leading up to surgery, im sure having a few days set a side to pre-game the stall wont hurt
ideas and input if you've done it this way, or think its a good idea etc is wonderful

Submit "pre-gaming the stall!" to Digg Submit "pre-gaming the stall!" to del.icio.us Submit "pre-gaming the stall!" to StumbleUpon Submit "pre-gaming the stall!" to Google

Comments

I have done a day of protein shakes and liquids to get out of stalls of a couple days. It works for me, and I'm still getting my protein for energy.
    While it can never hurt to go back to the beginning and "kick start" your plan with protein shakes and all liquid diets (as long as you continue to get all your protein and vitamins in), you should not be too concerned with small stalls.

The dietitian and LCSW that held our pre-surgical mental preparedness class informed us that there will be plateaus (stalls) and to just be prepared for it. Sometimes it is because of your food choices, other times it is just your body making subtle changes that are not visible on the scale. Only worry when the plateau lasts for 4 weeks or more. Not 4 days.
    some days you probably wont care to eat any food. just keep drinking though
    I was on a stall for about 3 months I do believe, but it was from what I chose to eat and I stopped taking my protein shakes. Granted I was in a depression over the death of my little sister but I had to stop and get back on track. And once I did I begin to lose weight again.