Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

southernchick

whey protein

Rate this Entry
Whey protein shots 45 mg any thoughts? I would only need 2 a day

Submit "whey protein" to Digg Submit "whey protein" to del.icio.us Submit "whey protein" to StumbleUpon Submit "whey protein" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

As long as it is Whey ISOLATE. I know, I bought about three of those things too
    I know it sounds simple, but from what my surgeon and dietician told me, you need to absorb it throughout the day, not in two settings. If you do, you could be miserable, and totally bloated and constipated.

Talk to your surgeon about it first-
    The body doesnt absorb more than 30 of protein at one time, the rest is excreted in the urine.
    Thanks good advice ..makes sense
    So divide it into 4 servings at least 3 hours apart. I made a smoothie with greek yogurt, some frozen berries, and a berry shot. Used it for 3 "meals. Got 60 gms protein. They are pretty nasty drinking straight up.
    I was told by my Nut that your body only absorbs about 25 grams at a time. Anything else would be wasted protein.
    I have been buying Pure Whey liq. protein from ebay... the prices are so much better than in a store. I love the berry punch and watermellon... havent tried any of the others yet as these two are usually the better buys. I will add my 3 oz to my 1000cc container (I work in a hosp) and drink it over a hour or two... Will be sleeved mid April!

OH, and here is a link which answers the protein obsorbtion questions: Dear Mark: How Much Protein Can You Absorb and Use from One Meal? | Mark's Daily Apple