Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

delisa

Surgery in 24 Hours and freaking out!!!

Rate this Entry
So I have been on the 2 week detox. I lost 15 pounds and have gained 5 back. I told my dr I have to eat due to lack of energy and dizziness and I have been working and working out every other day. I have been drinking my water and protein shakes and eating chicken and vegetables for dinner. tomorrow is my water day before surgery and I am freaking out. Has anyone else ate the week before surgery? I am having bad anxiety thinking i should cancel or reschedule my surgery. Has anyone else gone thru this? Please don't tell me I am the only one. I feel like I should have not eaten and I am being super hard on myself. Please help with advise!!!!

Submit "Surgery in 24 Hours and freaking out!!!" to Digg Submit "Surgery in 24 Hours and freaking out!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery in 24 Hours and freaking out!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery in 24 Hours and freaking out!!!" to Google

Comments

Hi,
    I ate the week before my surgery. My doctor only has his patients do clear liquid diets for 2 days before surgery. I am only 12 days post op and everything went great with my surgery. You will be fine. Your doctor would not have allowed you to do the surgery if he/she was concerned about you eating the week prior. Remember you are brave to be taking this step to live a healthier life. Good luck!
    The duration of any pre-op diet or liquid diet will vary by each patient and the surgeon performing the procedure.
    I only did liquids for 2 days also. It will be fine.
    I ate up to the day before surgery. All went well and three months out I'm down almost 60lbs
    Quote Originally Posted by hchristain
    Hi,
    I ate the week before my surgery. My doctor only has his patients do clear liquid diets for 2 days before surgery. I am only 12 days post op and everything went great with my surgery. You will be fine. Your doctor would not have allowed you to do the surgery if he/she was concerned about you eating the week prior. Remember you are brave to be taking this step to live a healthier life. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the advice and commenting. I am hoping my nerves won't catch up with me tonight while in bed and i can finally rest haha. Everyone tells me it will be fine I guess the nerves and what they tell you about eating is getting to me. Ill keep everyone posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgedang
    I ate up to the day before surgery. All went well and three months out I'm down almost 60lbs
    Thats wonderful. Congratulations on your success!!! Thank you so much for the advice.