Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

shemarie

Move your a$$

Rate this Entry
I had a great but strange situation yesterday. I had been invited to babysit my nephews from 10-3. I woke around 7, and fully considered staying in bed until I had to leave. But instead, my body told me, you have time for a workout. I got up and around, but only had enough time for 1.5 miles...and I was disappointed that I couldn't get in my whole 3.1.

This doesn't happen to me! I have always MADE myself workout, now I WANT to do it! It is now just under 8 weeks until my 5K, and I am going to rock it!!!!

Submit "Move your a$$" to Digg Submit "Move your a$$" to del.icio.us Submit "Move your a$$" to StumbleUpon Submit "Move your a$$" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You go girl. Good luck on your 5k
    Good job! I love working out too!! Even days I'm tired and crabby, I make myself go and ALWAYS feel better after.
    What is the name of the 5k you're going? I am planning on doing a 10k in October.
    It is the Maple Syrup Festival 5K. It's in the itty bitty town that I graduated from. I have been ashamed for a number of years of even going to visit my mom, because I always run into people that I know. Once I set the goal for myself, I knew I needed to go back there and do my first race. I am not ashamed anymore, and even if it takes me 3 hours...I'll finish it in my hometown!
    I completely understand about being ashamed of seeing relatives. I put off seeing two of our nieces nearly a year because of my weight. Of course, I have also felt ashamed at work. Last year, My department's director had lunch with each of his supervisors. I was one of the last to have this 'honor' and I can remember him telling me we would have to take my truck as I would not be able to fit in his vehicle. Now, I am at the point of point of thinking my opportunities post-surgery are limitless and shame-free. Congrats again on your transformation. Don't forget to frame your race bid and medal with pictures of you crossing the finish line with your friends and family cheering you on!
    Amazing realization! Let us know how you do in your 5K.