Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Thick2Fit Rose

My VSG journey begins

Rate this Entry
I am on day 5 of my 10 day liquid diet today. I can say that each day gets easier than the one before. The first two days, I had headaches and felt like my stomach was growling so loudly. But I was too scared to fail at this. I am using all of our money to pay for this surgery, if I failed at this, I was going to fail my family too. I am not hungry after drinking broth or having jello, but I WANT food, I want to chew it and eat it and taste it. I miss it. So embarrassing to actually say that.
Now the hardest part so far, has not been not eating. It has been trying to hide it from all of my coworkers. I work in a medical office and we all have lunch around the same time. So all of a sudden I am only eating soup and EVERYONE comments on how unhealthy it is to only eat that, and how I've been drinking too many protein drinks etc. etc.. I am glad I done with work until after my surgery. But since I'm so busy at work, I don't have time to think about food. Food does seem to be the main topic of conversation all day though..
At home, the craving for food gets worse. I cook for my kids and husband and I want to eat. No cheating at all though, unless you count the gum i accidentally swallowed today.
I am hoping the weekend flies by because I am 5 days away from surgery! I am afraid of the whole idea, the trip, the flight, the Mexico, the surgery, the coming home, the everything. I want to just get it over with! But above all, I feel proud of my self for sticking with the pre-op diet and I am happy that I am finally doing something for me and for my health.

Submit "My VSG journey begins" to Digg Submit "My VSG journey begins" to del.icio.us Submit "My VSG journey begins" to StumbleUpon Submit "My VSG journey begins" to Google

Comments

Good job sticking to your guns. You are going to do great. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    You are doing awesome! ! You can do this! ! Forget what everyone at work says. Once you start dropping weight and looking great, they're going to eat their words. Tell them you are working with a nutritionist and are being supervised in what you eat. Not their business anyhow. Your hunger is in your head. So many times many of us failed the old way before we even started because of the doubt we had in ourselves. This time, the sleeve will be different if you use it the way your supposed to and embrace your new lifestyle (not diet, eating ways, etc) but the entire change.
    I felt guilty using all of our extra money to have the surgery, too. Instead, I tried to look at it as a lifetime investment. If I didn't have the surgery, I wouldn't live as long, be able to participate as much as I wanted to in life and with my kids, and someday grandkids. And since it cost me so much of our families money, I owe it to myself to make sure I make this work. Presurgery, it is hard to fathom that you WILL have boundless energy, more willing to try new things in everything you face, etc. 61 lbs ago, I would never have imagined I'd love to exercise, go to the gym 4-5 times a week, or not want to sit on the couch all night, or walk the dog a block, and am now walking 3 miles with him.
    Believe in yourself, and that you ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING FOR YOU! ! Good luck!
    You are right, it does continue to get easier. Just focus on getting through one day at a time and keep remember why you are doing this.

Great job so far!
    Thank you Girliegirl!
    Oklahomom, those are awesome changes! I can't wait to be more active with my kiddos!
    Thank you jduford, only 4 more days to go!!