Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BladeFox

I Must Admit Something

Rate this Entry
So, I had been calm until this week and WOW how I have realized that I have little patience with my teens, everything is making me somewhat annoyed and it feels like the days are super long leading up to GO LIVE! I think I am nervous and antsy. I never thought I would say that. I need to process with my husband what is getting ready to happen or someone. My husband is supportive but doesn't like to talk about it much and I need to talk. I think it is his way of dealing with a major surgery that I have chosen for myself. However, I need to get it out face-to-face with someone. I mean, I am two weeks away from surgery and a new lifestyle. A BIG DEAL! I have so much to do just to get ready, like create lesson plans for my sub for class, create the discussion board topic, complete two more steps before surgery, get several projects at a place where I can easily start back on when I return to work, and pack my bags. A bit overwhelmed here and it's showing.

Submit "I Must Admit Something" to Digg Submit "I Must Admit Something" to del.icio.us Submit "I Must Admit Something" to StumbleUpon Submit "I Must Admit Something" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Take a deep breath & relax. You'll get it all done. My hubby didn't want to talk much either before my surgery because he was honestly tired of hearing about it before hand. Good luck w/ your hubby though.
    I am in the same boat with my husband and I have not told any friends. I feel this is my only outlet. If you need to release feel free to post and let it go. Some people may judge but who cares most people seem very supportive and will understand. Stephanie
    I wish I had my husband to talk it over with, but he would have been not Ok with it. He wold have been too scared for me, I know he will be watching over me. I fully unsderstand your stress level and attitude. My nerves are on end, and part is because I have had to stop my pain meds with the Motrin in them. My arthritis is very painful, and I'm not very pleasant when in pain..I don't talk much. Then I get questioned on "what's wrong" and I don't want to keep saying to my daughter..."I am in pain" I have been off my meds for 4 days and my hands are beginning to cramp up as well. Does anyone know if Aspercreme is a no no as well? I am supposing it is, as the active ingredient is aspirin. well 15 days...and my new life begins. I am sure the pain will be well worth it, I just hope my family can put up with me until I fly out the 11th.
    BladeFox - do you have a girlfriend or family member you can talk to? Sometimes men are tough to talk to because they have a natural instinct to want to fix things or protect. Women tend to listen more.

KWIKIKI - have you ever tried Arnicare? You can get it at a Natural foods store or nicer spas. It works great for my Mom's painful arthritis.
    Well new news! Went to the hospital today for the preop seminar and weighed in. Lost 2 lbs (not trying), PLUS, I was told that my secondary insurance did not approve my surgery because the clinic (once again) did not include all the materials for approval. The scheduler then told me that my surgery has been postponed - AGAIN!!!!! I am trying to hang in there with my nerves and then this happens. Can I please get a break?!?
    The whole approval process really sucks. It is time consuming and frustrating, but look at you just losing on your own!
    It will get better! This surgery will happen!

If your insurance would approve it, it may not be a bad idea to get a therapist until all of this is over...I have one and she is my saving grace!