Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dawzow

15 days post op

Rate this Entry
Well, it's been 15 days since my gastric sleeve surgery and I am down 15 lb. I think in my mind I imagined the weight would just melt off...and for all intensive purposes, it is. I am happy, healing well, and feeling like I have more energy. I didn't weigh myself before the preop diet, but am pretty sure I lost some weight doing that as well...

There is a guy at my daughter's cheerleading gym who had the surgery (in the states) 1 week prior to my surgery...almost to the date. He is constantly comparing his weight loss to mine and I find it very frustrating. I wish he would just worry about himself because it makes me feel bad...I guess he has already lost like 42 lb or something.

I have been cooking dinner for my family but usually not able to eat what they're eating (or most of it, anyway) but have been having difficulty with portion control. I just have to get it through my head that even less than what I think, is really what I can eat. I'm not trying to sabotage and have even taken to measuring, but the fact is, I just can't eat that much. I think tonight I will measure out half of what I have been measuring, and that way I can eat a little and still feel satisfied without over doing it-- Dang, it sucks I'm such a good cook! hahaha

In a couple more weeks I will be able to start working out at the local YMCA and I'm really looking forward to the water classes. I will be the lone 30 year old with all the old ladies....Oh well!

Submit "15 days post op" to Digg Submit "15 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "15 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "15 days post op" to Google

Comments

I am 21 days post op and I am down 19 pounds so, don't feel like you haven't lost enough weight. I find that everyone loses weight at a different speed and right now I have stalled in weight loss, but I am losing inches.
    Congratulations on your 15 lbs! Honestly- when is the last time you lost 15 lbs in two weeks?! It's amazing... Just keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about the other guy.. You can't even compare yourself to anyone else b/c everyone is different ... the next time he mentions your weight just say you don't know your numbers b/c you haven't been on the scale lately.. you're focusing on your food choices and other aspects of the plan- not just the no. on the scale. That ought to shut him up for a while!
    Men are generally heavier when they choose to have the surgery and they are going to lose faster. The calorie reduction is more drastic for them, and they generally have more muscle mass to rev up their metabolisms. Don't compare your self to this guy. 15 lbs in two weeks is fabulous (and exactly what I lost in my first to weeks).
    My nutritionist said to put your food on a saucer and eat with a baby spoon. Men always have it easier. My daughter was an all star cheerleader too and it used to pull my chain when I had to wait in line at a competition to use the bathroom and my husband would just walk in. See men have it easier. Ha Ha
    Thanks guys. Every single one of these comments just made my day I appreciate yall!