Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

living.my.life

Any New Zealand sleevers out there?

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by jillyjake View Post
Hi There - I'm in Napier and was sleeved 17.12.13 in Hastings. Happy to answer any questions you have.
Hi. I am on my pre op diet and to be sleeved on the 5th of March. I am feeling super nervous and scared.
How did you feel prior to yours?
And how is everything going?

Submit "Any New Zealand sleevers out there?" to Digg Submit "Any New Zealand sleevers out there?" to del.icio.us Submit "Any New Zealand sleevers out there?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Any New Zealand sleevers out there?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i felt the same way but everything is gonna be alright is al worth it trust me i ve lost over a hundred pounds and it hasnt even been a year.
    I think that is the way most feel. It is scarey, but most feel it was worth it. Good luck on your journey, hugs.
    Hey There - it's so natural to feel nervous and scared "Am I doing the right thing". I almost hopped off the operating table before they put me under. Now almost 10 weeks post op I feel fantastic and soooo glad I had this done. I am down 21 kgs including 2 week pre-op - 14 kgs since op. I won't sugar coat, the first 6-7 weeks were really hard, especially getting your head around the new restrictions on food.
    Introducing solid foods and finding the right balance was hard, now I eat because I have to and quite frankly am not really bothered about food. Follow the nutrition plan from the dietician as best you can.
    I had my dietician appointment today (since op) - he was really pleased. Am getting enough protein and fluids and taking the correct supplements. He did stress to make sure I follow the plan during the "honeymoon" phase of the first 7-9 months when the weight loss is the easiest. He said it will get much slower once most of the weight is off.
    Good luck - where are you having it done? Keep in touch - it's nice to have a fellow kiwi. We are not as lucky as the USA with our food varieties - ours is pretty limited.
    Thanks for your words of advice and sharing your experience. I'm having mine done in Auckland at North Shore Hospital with Dr Michael Booth. Got a phone call this week to put my surgery back a week so, an extra week to be nervous lol. I will keep you posted
    Quote Originally Posted by living.my.life
    Thanks for your words of advice and sharing your experience. I'm having mine done in Auckland at North Shore Hospital with Dr Michael Booth. Got a phone call this week to put my surgery back a week so, an extra week to be nervous lol. I will keep you posted
    The extra time will fly by - just think of the end result. Please do keep me posted. It can be really hard those first few weeks so let me know how you are doing.