Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ex-Large Cappuccino

Surigcal co-workers

Rate this Entry
I do work in a surgical ICU that does deal with weight loss surgery patients. That is one reason why after 4 years of it being recommended I decided to have surgery. One of the first things I was taught that working the medical field you will develop a black sense of humor. It does come in handy.

Last week while sitting at the desk where on the other side the ICU director and Weight loss surgeon talking about a patient. The patient's family was over the top in their behavior and really believed that surgery would solve everything. The family and the patient do not understand that just surgery alone will not solve the weight issue. The patient refuses to eat proper and exercise and blame the surgeon for not being as successful as expected.

The ICU director then asked in a joking manner if the surgeon need a psych degree to deal with her patients forgetting I was sitting right there.

Me being the jokerster could not resist saying something. The look on the director face was priceless. I got her good.

But this does point out a fact, surgery alone is not the answer and we as the patient need to take responsibility for our own actions. We are the adults that decided to go down this path. Thus we need to be the adults in taking ownership of our actions.

Submit "Surigcal co-workers" to Digg Submit "Surigcal co-workers" to del.icio.us Submit "Surigcal co-workers" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surigcal co-workers" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Its just a tool and you can cheat but we need to choose the right choice. Too many choose blaming someone else for their poor choices.