Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jennifer o

Day 3 Preop...

Rate this Entry
Wow.... hard to believe I have almost made it through day 3 of the preop diet. It isn't that it has been hard, but I was ready to shed tears tonight at dinner while I sipped my 3rd day of tomato soup and the others has 3 cheese hamburger helper. The irony is that I HATE hamburger helper, but man did it smell good. Yet yesterday I was able to sit there just fine while they had Sonic Cheeseburgers for dinner. Sigh... I am still afraid tears are gonna fall sometime between now and day 10.

I have to find some way to make this more attractive. I wonder if I can have Miso soup if I strained out the veggies and tofu?

I have 4 more days where it can be just liquids then the last 3 days it will be clear liquids only. I need help... I guess I just have no imagination when it comes to making things that will taste good and not be bland and blahh.

On to the orange jello!

Submit "Day 3 Preop..." to Digg Submit "Day 3 Preop..." to del.icio.us Submit "Day 3 Preop..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 3 Preop..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hello fellow Oregonian. I had a short 1 day pre-op requirement so I can only respond by telling you that in my post op full liquid diet I could have most soups (I focused on ones higher in protein) with the good stuff strained out.
    Just try to focus on what your life is going to be like in 6 months. I love Sonic Double Cheeseburgers. I would have said loved, but a few weeks ago I ordered one, had 3 bites was full and had to throw the rest away. But oh those three bites were good. I don't feel any guilt for eating those three bites either. Enough about food.
    If there is any information or support I can offer you please just let me know.
    the first 3 days were the worst I cried really hard dealing with the food withdrawal think it is all part of the preparation. Good luck with your journey.
    I know how you feel.. 5 days in and cooking for my family all week.. I'M HUNGRY!!