Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dispatchdiva

Mommy Makeover at HMN Hospital in Tijuana

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
I was originally booked to have my surgery with Dr. Yanez at Hospital Jerusalem on February 8, 2014 in Tijuana. Prior to leaving from my home to come to San DIego I spoke with my patient coordinator and she had advised me that some changes were being made at Hospital Jerusalem since the recent passing of President Andres Betancourt. The surgeons were not wanting to stay there anymore as there were issues that I really don't want to get into because there are 2 sides to every story. I did know that I would have been very upset if I would have arrived in Tijuana and been told that a different surgeon that I knew nothing about would be doing my surgery.

I know that there were a lot of people on the message boards worried that the sleeve patients were all going during the day and then the plastics were going late at nights after that. I can tell you now that Dr. Almanza and Dr. Yanez have moved to the new hospital the sleeve patients are booked throughout the week and plastics are only done on Saturdays.

My friend and I were the first mommy makeover patients in this new facility's on February 8, 2014, and another friend that came with us was Dr. Almanza's first sleeve patient in the new facility.

For anyone that had been a previous patients at Hospital Jerusalem I believe you will be presently surprised and truly appreciate this new facilty.

We are now at day 5 post op and feeling better each and everyday. With the changes also came a hotel change. Once you leave the hospital you will recover at the Camino Real. It is a very nice hotel and extremely safe. The nurses stay on the me floor as you and are only a phone call away. One thing I would strongly recommend is to get a second room key and give it to the nurse so they can get in when they need to check your vitals at all hours of the night. The first few days you are not moving very fast and it's a bit hard to get out of bed so giving them the other key was a smart thing.

I would recommend bringing a heating pad as well if you are having a mommy makeover, the constant strain on your back really hurts the muscles and would be great to have something lIke that to help with the back and muscle pain. Baggy sweatpants or Capri pants with pockets would be a good idea as well, would make it easier to tuck your drain in your pockets when you are walking around. Larges safety pins or diaper pins would work as well then you could just fasten them to your pants.

The is a shopping Center across the road that we are going to check out before we come home all the Rio Plaza, there is supposed to be a Starbucks in there. A change of scenery might be good.

The Hotel restaurant and room service is very good, if you were a sleeve patient prior to returning for plastics brace yourself as the portions are large.

The beds are very comfortable and they are low to the ground which makes it easier to get out of bed in the first few days of recovery.

I will post again when I get home and let everyone know how the rest of the week goes.

Submit "Mommy Makeover at HMN Hospital in Tijuana" to Digg Submit "Mommy Makeover at HMN Hospital in Tijuana" to del.icio.us Submit "Mommy Makeover at HMN Hospital in Tijuana" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mommy Makeover at HMN Hospital in Tijuana" to Google

Comments

Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the information. I was sleeved by Almanza in September and am looking into a mommy make over in Mexico after goal. I'm very interested in updates. I'm a dispatcher too!
    Thanks for the information. I have 2 more friends going to Tijuana (one with Dr. Alanza and the other for plastic surgery with Dr. Fuentes at COSMED) and I can now update them. I was at COSMED with a friend having a Tummy Tuck last month and we went to the Rio Plaza. I love that location! Glad everything worked well for you.
    Thanks for the update! I am coming with my husband on Feb 26 He is having lipo and a hernia repaired on Friday and I am having a breast aug with new implants on the 1st....was kinda nervous.
    how did you liked your tummy tuck and how much it cost? I was planning to use the surgeon woth weightloss agents
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_Loving_Life
    Thanks for the information. I have 2 more friends going to Tijuana (one with Dr. Alanza and the other for plastic surgery with Dr. Fuentes at COSMED) and I can now update them. I was at COSMED with a friend having a Tummy Tuck last month and we went to the Rio Plaza. I love that location! Glad everything worked well for you.
    Thanks for all the info! I plan to get sleeved in early May!!! And I am a police dispatcher too....small world