Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kenson

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Rate this Entry
Today was my second post-op appointment. I am down 24 pounds! I am happy to say the least! Really, I am shocked! I was praying and hoping that my sleevie would work when so many things, including my crazy thyroid, has let me down. I am a believer!!! yippie!! My surgeon was really happy and so was my nutritionist. Great convo with the NUT. She said that I'm still healing and should not be worrying about counting anything! She said don't count calories or protein grams or anything. She said right now, I just want you to make sure that you are drinking three protein shakes (I'm not), drinking 4 bottles of water (2), and eating three meals. Hmmm, I just have to figure out a way to get it all in, even she said that she knows it's a lot, but try my best. For now, she said that I can walk. She doesn't want me to use the treadmill or the elliptical, just walk--which is good because I have Leslie Sansone walking tapes.

My NUT also advanced me to Stage 3. She said I can have cereal Kashi, and Special K protein 1/2 cup and crackers. Crackers should be with tuna or egg salad or something, not just eat crackers alone. I can have hardboiled eggs ground meats, more veggies and more fruit.

The biggest surprise was my protein shakes. She does not want me to use the Designer Whey shakes until after I've healed. I need a whey isolate.. so, I went to the Vitamin Shoppe, trying out the Syntrax Nectar Vanilla, its kind of sweet, but I'm going to try to add a banana or something tomorrow. She also gave me a sample of Jay Robb chocolate which I ended up buying--so now, almost a month out, I'm on the hunt for a protein shake. OK, that's the update for now. Blessings to those sleeved and those yet to be.

Kathy

Submit "Happy, Happy, Happy!" to Digg Submit "Happy, Happy, Happy!" to del.icio.us Submit "Happy, Happy, Happy!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Happy, Happy, Happy!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats on your efforts.
    That all sounds positive ... very encouraging!
    Congrats on all of your success!
    Way to go Kathy!!!!!
    Sounds like you're doing great!
    Great news!
    24 pounds gone forever! Congrats & keep up the good work!!
    great post thanks. i too am having a hard time getting in enough protein shake and water. today i set a goal of 4 cups of water.
    Congrats Kathy!! I am sooooo happy for you!!
    Awesome job- congratulations!!