Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BladeFox

Trying to Keep Up

Rate this Entry
Admittantly, my husband is one of the main reasons why I need to lose this weight. This is new because before him my list was and is that I need to lose weight because my knees creak and hurt from sitting to standing and my hips hurt from moving and I'm on an anti depressant, and two blood pressure meds, PLUS, diabetes and heart desease runs in our family. However, over the past couple of years I have added the need to keep up with my husband.

See, my husband has been running for over 8 years, however, he kicked it into high gear over the past two years and have lost weight. Now, my husband was never heavy. He and his entire family are the little people in frame and height, but he has this dedication to exercise like non-other. Through rain, sleet and freezing snow-ice he will go and run. It doesn't matter, he is gonna get it in. I, on the other hand, look at him and measure my own output and it is paltry to say the least. We have tried to exercise together, but then I stop and then start again because I'm not that dedicated with these rickety knees and hips. At times, I think about our future and realize that he more than likely will outlive me because he is 'Jacque Cousteau Mister Superman extraordinaire' and I, well, am Miss Daisy.

See my husband loves me unconditionally and is extremely supportive and he care about my overall health, it's just now, I have added the need to keep up with him on my checklist of other things to do. I don't want him feeling that I won't be around even though he is not guaranteed to be around either because nothing in this life is guaranteed, even in exercise. Yet, I feel pressured to keep up with him. It has become evident to me that nothing - absolutely nothing will keep him away from it. He has said that he wants to be around for our later years, however, 'our' is not in that equation yet. Right now, it is him being around for our kids later years, but until I have my sleeve and become more mobile the 'our' in that equation hasn't begun. Living with an exercise enthusiast hasn't been easy for me. I don't like exercising to be honest. Taking walks, and hikes and communing with nature is the kind of exercise that I enjoy. The gym and weights are so hoo-hum that I don't know if I will ever be able to enjoy the gym experience with my man like he wants me to. I love me some him, but we may never be in sync with this one and that feeling gets heavy.

So this is my blog about my husband extraordinaire. I just needed to get it out!

Submit "Trying to Keep Up" to Digg Submit "Trying to Keep Up" to del.icio.us Submit "Trying to Keep Up" to StumbleUpon Submit "Trying to Keep Up" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm with you, I have a harder time getting too excited about 'regimented' exercise. I have noticed, however, as the weight is coming off and exercise is less physically painful... it is becoming more enjoyable. Not sure about running in the rain, but yesterday and the day before I took vigorous walks in 6 inches of slushy snow for 30 and 45 minutes (respectively.) That would have NEVER happened pre-sleeve!
    Beforee the surgery, my idea of working out or excercising was watching the Biggest Loser.. cheering for them and getting tired as I watched them do their workouts. Now.. I find that since I have lost some weight, I intentionally park far away and on the third floor from my office building so that I have to walk stairs and distance to and from my work, I dont tell my husband to find the closest parking spot anymore when we go out, and I spent the entire weekend out with the family this past weekend walking and doing things and I was still going strong afterwards. I can't do the gym, simply because in California I find that if you dont do your hair and makeup before you go, you are looked down on more then if you were overweight. lol
    I am really hoping that my husband will see my progress and agree to get the surgery himself as he has more health issues then I do, but he is in denial that there is a weight issue to deal with. There might come a time when he has to keep up with our future grand children and can't and thats what concerns me the most.
    I wish you all the best, it seems that you have a great future ahead of you, and dont worry, you'll keep up and perhaps out do him
    My hubby is not an exercise buff, but he loses weight easily where I struggled to lose every ounce. The sleeve has allowed me to be put on an even footing with him where weight loss is concerned. I actually exercise more than him, but am no where near where I should be. Saturday, I rediscovered my love of skating and the kids and I have made plans to go skating on Sunday. Since I have lost some of the weight, exercise has become more enjoyable.