Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

natex14

My surgery 2/6/14

Rate this Entry
Well, I have to say that it sucked. I ended up staying in the hospital for four nights because even a sip of water caused a lot of pain.

Even though it wasn't fun (I knew it wouldn't be) it's an investment in my future that I needed to make.

Be patient with your body, things seem to improve every day for me, and even though I started off slow, I think I'm healing up pretty fast now.

People always ask what to bring and we didn't bring a lot, but the only thing I used was chapstick. I never touched my laptop and my wife handled my phone with texting people.

The most important thing to bring is a support person who will be understanding. My wife was so patient with me and I'm very grateful that she was able to be there for me.

I wish everyone on this journey the best of luck. I think it's a great surgery and even though it's been rough I would do it again.

Submit "My surgery 2/6/14" to Digg Submit "My surgery 2/6/14" to del.icio.us Submit "My surgery 2/6/14" to StumbleUpon Submit "My surgery 2/6/14" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrat!
    The first two weeks were horrible for me, but the more I healed the more I enjoyed the freedom that the sleeve has given me. I hope you have a better journey than you did a start.
    Thanks. Each day is easier and I have no regrets.