Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

StacyD

2 days before surgery......

Rate this Entry
I've had quite a bit of time to think about this whole gastric sleeve process and journey. Today begins my 13th day of the liquid diet and all in all I have only been tempted 3 times to go off. I did not however, I thought of all the times in my life I've 'gone off' for this or that and somehow it made my resolve even stronger that I am doing this surgery for the right reasons.

The months of testing and sometimes annoyances come with this whole journey. I didn't always agree with what was being asked but I did it. Mountains of tests but I kept telling myself 'one day at a time'. Now the pre tests are finished. The hoops are put away, and the go ahead by my PC doctor has been sent in. I am ready!

My family is a huge support to me as are my sisters and my friends. I told everyone at work and they seem supportive and even if they are not - they are not saying anything directly to my face (which I find respectful.) All of that has given me a solid foundation to know that after this I am supported by them.

Here on this site which I have belonged to for quite a few months I've been given priceless information. I have met courageous people who have shared their stories - both good and bad and it has given me pause to think and rethink my situation. Am I willing to accept the bumps in the road that may come with this sleeve. I am. I have enjoyed Kims, Hevs, Seths, Tinmans, Thinks, Dysons and so many more posts of encouragement and private messages when I had questions. If I have learned anything on this site it is there are a hell of a lot of great people out there willing to share their knowledge the best way they can.

My surgery will be Monday February the 10th. I have to be in the hospital at 5:15 AM. I am ready. This is the chance I have been waiting for and I am looking forward to this new life that I read about here in endless posts.

Cheers to a second chance to do it the best way I can

Submit "2 days before surgery......" to Digg Submit "2 days before surgery......" to del.icio.us Submit "2 days before surgery......" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 days before surgery......" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Best wishes on your surgery coming up. I'm very excited for you. And congratulations on sticking to the pre-op, I know that's a challenge.
    I had my 3 week post op group meeting with my nut and here is something that sometimes is not talked about enough, she said "people seem to focus on the cases that people have complications and pain, if she has a group of 10 post op people it is rare to have 1 person that had a problem with pain or complcations". I think it is important that people are aware of potential problems, but to remember the overwhelming odds it won't happen to you. My surgery and recovery has been pain free. Is the way we have to eat during and after recovery easy? No it is hard, but how hard was it dieting and failing before surgery? Chances are the life style change will accomplish your goal a lot faster than you can fathom.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodi618
    I had my 3 week post op group meeting with my nut and here is something that sometimes is not talked about enough, she said "people seem to focus on the cases that people have complications and pain, if she has a group of 10 post op people it is rare to have 1 person that had a problem with pain or complcations". I think it is important that people are aware of potential problems, but to remember the overwhelming odds it won't happen to you. My surgery and recovery has been pain free. Is the way we have to eat during and after recovery easy? No it is hard, but how hard was it dieting and failing before surgery? Chances are the life style change will accomplish your goal a lot faster than you can fathom.
    Thank you for saying this - I did find myself at the very beginning 'arming' myself with everything that could go wrong and before I knew it I was getting depressed lol Then I stayed away from the site and came back with my head screwed back on towards a positive outcome. What is going to be will be - nothing I can forecast so we shall see
    Warm thoughts and well wishes flowing your way Stacy D.
    All the best ... Janet
    Stacy, please know how thrilled I am for you as you begin this next part of the process of living a new life. You seem to be in a good place, ready to step forward and take hold of your future.
    Breathe deep, take some time to relax, and appreciate your hard work. The time is yours.
    Good luck StacyD - I am being sleeved on Thursday. I feel absolutely confident I am doing the right thing too. I am focusing on the long term and I see the next month or two as a small investment in a longer life of health and better body confidence.
    It is 4AM and it is MY DAY! My turn to get my sleeve. I have thanked all I can thank and prayed all I can pray and now it's off to the hospital