Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

nvme

Diett soda

Rate this Entry
HAS ANYONE STARTED BACK DRINKING SODA.AND AT WHAT MONTH,,ALSO HOW LONG DOES THIS SIPPING THING LAST.I HAD SURGERY ON 22JAN.IM A CIKE FAN...LOL..BUT LATELY IM CRAVING A STRAWBERRY SHASTA SODA,,,WEIRD

Submit "Diett soda" to Digg Submit "Diett soda" to del.icio.us Submit "Diett soda" to StumbleUpon Submit "Diett soda" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My surgeon said carbonation really bothers some sleeved people, so to take it slow and see how it works for you. I do have a small diet coke once in a while now at 4 months out. Straws and carbonation don't bother me anymore. I don't have to take teeny-tiny sips anymore.
    Forgetting about the carbonation (it's really not an issue for everybody) please do your research on soda, and yes, diet soda which is probably doing worse things to you than sugared soda. Look around, except for the skinny chicks on the Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi commercials, you will see that just about everyone that drinks it is obese! Why oh why would you want to get back into that mess?
    I've heard carbonation stretches out pouch. I'm 3 months out and had a can of coke last week. I was craving a Pepsi real bad. It didn't satisfy my craving for a Pepsi and wasn't that good. It bothered me a little. I felt pressure in my chest if I took too big of a sip and a lot of belching. I will eventually have my Pepsi. Overall, I am going to try and avoid carbonated drinks though.
    Yes, I know diet coke is horrible for me, however a small one very seldom won't kill me. Part of my new lifestyle is not totally eliminating a single item from my diet. That would set me up for failure. Moderation.
    I haven't drank a carbonated drink since the night before my surgery! August 26th....it is now a personal challenge for me. I just prefer to listen to my doctor considering I spent $$ thousands for this surgery! I'm getting my monies worth

My friends drink them all the time (they had surgery 3 years ago) and I can see their weight starting to creep back on. I'm not saying it's just because of the cokes, but I know their diet has a major part to do with it. They eat all the same crap they use to...even tiny portions add up! DUH....
    Oh, I'm all for anything in moderation! I just think there are some hard core Diet Coke addicts out there that won't be able to have an occasional drink. If you know something is going to be a slippery slope for you,it's best to just not start it again.
    My nutritionist suggested not drinking it for at least a year and really does not want me to go back to soda. they say the carbonation can stretch your pouch out. I have taken a sip here and there and it makes my stomach feel funny.
    I have mentioned this in other posts, I used to fool myself thinking I was getting my water in the form of 10-12 diet dr. Peppers per day. My surgeon had mentioned that carbonated beverages should be avoid for at least six months after surgery. That said, I have no plans to resume drinking sodas. To me, soft drinks are my gateway drug. I have too many goals in front of me to revert back into the pitfalls and bad habits of the past. If one diet coke works for you, great.
    I won't drink soda.
    Here is an article on yahoo today!

The Five Scariest Things Caffeine Does to Your Body
    I was told by my doc that I should never drink sodas/carbination again. I used to hardly ever drink water and only drank diet 7 up or diet Sprite. Since the middle of last April, I have ony drank water and a rare cup of almond milk. I occassionally have a craving for the crisp, clean taste of one when I'm really thirsty, but I won't go back on them again. I'm detoxed and like that feeling!!!!
    I am 4 months post surgery and drink from time to time perrier and add some of the crystal light liquid. It has mild carbonation but still feels more than just boring water.
    I also was told never again to drink pop and that the carbonation of it could stretch your stomach.
    i SWEAR im 95% water with lemon drinker, but if do get a wild hair for a diet soda (which i have almost given up completely since preop diet 7months ago) I stir the carbonation out. ie i pour the chemically laden diet drink -stir it vigorously with spoon til it's basically flat (at which point i dont really want it but there you have it). otherwise i get outrageous burps. i sipped my husband's coke zero during a movie recently bc i forgot to smuggle in my water bottle and my belly was making noises probably audible 2 rows away. quite funny noises. like a cartoon monster. it didnt hurt per se but it's not a feeling i'd try to recreate for fun either. good luck. im all for moderation . if your shasta is your dessert on (rare) occasion and not a stepping stone down the path to your old habits, by all means see if you can tolerate it. if it triggers old behaviours then you know what to do. im sippping a completely flat on purpose fanta orange zero as i type this . it's helping me not graze which is what i really want to do... good luck -gordita
    You know sometimes it amazes me. The things we go through to only set ourselves up for failure. Just think of this whole process you went through to get away from what got you here in the first place. The thing is that it usually starts out with just that very little and then the next thing you know you're back at square one...Oh well, to each his/her own. I guess we all know what we do and don't want to go through.
    I have your fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crush makes a strawberry "crystal light" that is sugar free...It is in the koolaid aisle.
    I am also a Coke fan. I used to drink 4-6 litres of Coke per day. Originally it was diet Coke but my body developed an intolerence to aspartame so I switched to regular Coke. Today I look at Coke like an alcoholic in AA would look at their booze of choice. I know I can't have just one. I know I will return to drinking all of these empty calories.

The fact that you are only 2 weeks out and considering drinking Shasta is worrisome. Your stomach is still healing. Please seriously think about the risks and benefits before you try Shasta or Coke. Will it be worth it to have a drink. Only you know that answer.
    take a drink of soda, hold it in your mouth (do not swallow) close your mouth tight and hold the drink. You won't be able to do it for long because you will feel like your mouth is about to explode from the carbonation trying to stretch. Thats what it does to your stomach. That was enough for me to not touch that stuff again, period.

Each doctor is different, but my doc and NUT told me to stay away from it for the rest of my life.
    I was at a group lunch at work and they gave us soda to drink. I had talked to my NUT and asked about drinking soda and she said most people don't like the way it feels after surgery but that I should try a sip and see how it feels. I waited my 30 minutes, popped the tab and took a small sip. I put that thing down and walked away. She was right, my stomach felt like it was puffing out and I felt a little nauseous. No soda for me. I have done without for the last six months, I can do without it for longer.
    I gave up fizzy on 1st December and I loved a diet coke, but I'm so over it now I've just accepted that no fizzy, no red mead, no bread and NO CRAP is passing my lips ! It's not easy but it's what I have decided to loose after years of not thinking about what I put in my mouth, I'm taking control. My surgeon says no too xx
    Ok, I was literally an addict to soda/ sweet tea before surgery. I know its empty calories, carbs, fat etc. So I did A LOT of research, A LOT on this matter.

1. soda is bad for you, even that diet crap, in fact, I've read diet is WORSE than regular.
    2. if you did drink a soda, you need to wait 6 months, minimum (but I know you didn't come this far, just to cheat yourself out of weight loss, a new lease on life, and a new body).
    3. I don't like diet at all, and refuse to drink it, so I found an alternative that doesn't break the bank. Its called " LaCroix ", they have a website, it comes in a few flavors. Lemon lime, lemon, peach and like 6 others. It comes in a can. They sell it at Kroger (or Fred Meyers if your outside of Texas). I think you might be able to get it at Albertsons, but don't hold me to that.
    Here is what I love about it: It tastes like sprite, it has the fizz, it doesn't have fake sugar's, and nasty additive's, and its fat free, sugar free, gluten free and sodium free, yet does NOT taste gross. (They are also Kosher, and Vegan friendly). I refuse to drink gross drinks.

Basically, its fresh flavored water, without all the garbage that's bad for us, if you can find anything better, please holler at me-
    I was told not to drink soda ,beer or any carbonated drinks for the rest of my life because it will stretch my stomach and I believe it. It's not worth it.
    I used to drink only soda water and I loved it. : mad:
    I too have a surgeon whose instructions say no carbonated beverages ( diet or regular ) ever again. I have found that I only miss it on occasion. I drink a lot of tea and surprise, surprise - water. I was never a water drinker. I also use the Crystal Light mix-ins which help give a little variety.
    THANKS ALL ,,,IM NOT GONNA DRINK SODA WAS SIMPLY SAYING I WAS HAVING A CRAVING,,,IM HUMAN..THE SLEEVE DID NOT TAKE AWAY ALL MY CRAVINGS,,LOL
    Of course I understand,I have cravings and I am sure everybody else has them to.
    A year out and was told by my Nut that I can never have soda again. God Bless...mem