Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

frankenbelly51

A Journey Worth Taking

Rate this Entry
I have a blog if anyone is interested it is

ajourneyworthtaking51.blogspot.com

Thanks.

Submit "A Journey Worth Taking" to Digg Submit "A Journey Worth Taking" to del.icio.us Submit "A Journey Worth Taking" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Journey Worth Taking" to Google

Comments

Thank you for this blog...I am having my surgery with the NY Bariatric group at the end of the month and this is exactly the thing I was looking for to read. I am super nervous but I know that it is all worth it in the end. How was the pain after you came home from the surgery? I am a teacher in NYC and my doctor said that as long as I feel ok, I can go back to work that following monday. How did you feel?

Thank you for this!!

Helen

PS- I use to volunteer at NSAL and miss it every day!
    Oh dear, I messaged you before I read this. I didn't really have much actual pain, It was soreness, but it wasn't unbearable. The most pain was when I first woke up from the gas. They add air to your abdomen for easier access, but as soon as I started moving my legs it dissipated. My first night home I needed pain meds for bed, but only one night. There were periods in the hospital that I really didn't need any medication. They tell me everyone reacts differently from the pain, but the other ladies on my floor all seemed to have minimal pain. I took off two weeks. I probably could have gone back after one week, but I waited till my first follow up. I was glad I waited to rush back. My first day back I felt good. I gather you see Dr, Garber in the Manhattan office. I go to New Hyde Park. I think they are a great group. Dr. Holover was wonderful. That's so funny you volunteered at North Shore. That's great. Best of Luck to you. Let me know how you are doing.