Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KebfromCincy

Dang it Christie Brinkley!!!

Rate this Entry
Just when I was feeling pretty good about this whole weight loss thing.... People Magazine puts 60 year old Christie Brinkley on the cover. She looks almost the same as she did when she was on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1979. So what do I do? Took my 207lb self to Macy's to try on dresses for the various weddings and travels this Spring and Summer. I have never looked like Christie Brinkley, but as I looked at my legs and thighes in 3 way mirror I KNOW that I never will. On top of everything else, the Women's Dept keeps sneaking things in. I can wear a 14W but in regular misses department I am a 16 or 18 and as you all know, it is tough to find stuff in those sizes. Plus so many dresses are sleeveless. My arms are not ready for that. Then there are my knees. But as I stood there I realized that I can't beat myself up for stuff like this. No, I won't be wearing a bathing suit this year, but I can wear floor length dresses to a couple of those events. I will find dresses with sleeves or find little sweaters to wear. I weigh over 100 lb less than I did 6 months ago!!!!!!!

Submit "Dang it Christie Brinkley!!!" to Digg Submit "Dang it Christie Brinkley!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Dang it Christie Brinkley!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dang it Christie Brinkley!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi, we are so our worst critics and can be the meaner to ourselves than anyone. you have to stop doing that, and be proud of yourself for being 100 lbs thinner. Wait, let's say that again, you are 100 lbs thinner. Wow.
    yes, shopping is a challenge, because the sizes are all over the place. Just when i think i am a size 12, I find that something will be way to small and i need a 14 or even (shriek!) 16. Totally messes with my head.
    You will find something beautiful to wear. Relax and enjoy trying on the smaller sizes.
    My arms are bad. But I wear sleeveless dresses almost daily. They r what they are and I just don't focus on the bad. We need to be proud of what we have accomplished. As for swimsuits I bought one. A tankini with a little skirt. It kinda hides my bad thighs but I'm gonna enjoy the beach and pool. Size of cloths shouldn't be a focus. I wore a size 12 on Monday. Yesterday a size 16 dress. Each designer is different. I don't focus on the size but how it looks.

One day I will have surgery on my arms thigh and tummy. And then I will rock every look. But for now I'm proud.
    OMG 100 lbs! And you still have a good 4 months til sleeveless/bathingsuit weather! You are gonna rock this summer! You cannot compare your self to others, let alone models. Unless you have spent the last 40 years making a career out of your body, having trainers and handlers and plastic surgeons telling you what to do (and making sure you do it), you can't even think you are in competition with them. Keep up the good work! You are awesome!!!
    Wow, what a great post. So happy for you.... Awesome !!!
    You are 100lbs down. That is AMAZING! Christie Brinkley is a model and, like most models, too thin. Did you know that the cover pages and add agencies "touch up" photos to get rid of all imperfections? Just one more way to keep women on the search for that unobtainable perfect beauty. I am 8lbs from where the doctor wants me to be and 18lbs from where I want to be. That being said, I am 4'11" and am 143lbs. I wore size 0-2 when I was in high school and weighted 90-100lbs (dummy me still thought I was fat). I would have to lose another 43-53lbs to be a model's weight and then have surgery to correct all of my sagging parts. You have to determine what is going to make you happy with you. I may have surgery (a breast reduction and a tummy tuck) so that I can fit into clothes better, but I know that I was much happier at 125-135 than I ever was at 90-100lbs.
    Yes I will admit, Christy Brinkley is one of the most beautiful woman in the world. And she is 60? Wow. But she ain't got NOTHING on you! Girl, your down 100 lbs!!!! We are real women, we represent The majority of women. No we can't all look like Christy, but we can be healthy and beautiful! Beauty comes from the inside. Keep chugging along and your doing great!
    I don't believe anything on air-brushed magazine articles, what I do believe is you and your weight loss. Congratulations!
    You have accomplished something amazing! You've lost 100lbs!!!! Be very proud of that!!!! Don't focus on the size. You still have months before swimsuit season & now there's lots of different styles to choose from!!! You rock!!!!