Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MarcellaJean88

I get by with a little help from my friends

Rate this Entry
You tend to find support in the strangest places. When i signed up for this website a month or so before my surgery, I was CONVINCED it would be the only place that I would have the kind of support where people understood what I was going through.

Sure, I have family and friends who have weight issues, and some that have even had their own surgeries.. but I'm the kind of person who doesnt like to feel like I am being judged because they see me every day. I see the struggle I go through to lose some days and I assume that other people think I'm failing.

I need to remember we are our own worst critic, and those of who love you do just that. they love you, and just want you to do well. Some are even more supportive than I ever thought they could be. I'm a mental case, I accept that

The one place I didnt seek out supporters but kind of just stumbled upon was Instagram. I tell you what, if you feel the struggle and want people to understand.

Join instagram my friends.

One day I posted a picture and did a " #vsg " in one of my posts because I was excited about something and the next thing I knew all of these people with their own vsg or wls specific accounts were commenting on my pictures with their own stories and words of encouragement. Its great. I've started following more people on there and I love seeing the products they are using and all of their own steps on their personal journey.

Some people are super private and only allow vsg peers to follow them, and I think thats wonderful. Its a great outlet for support. I don't have a specific VSG instagram, but If you want to follow me on there I am @marcellajean88 I'll follow back!

As for my monthly update:

Today I am 43lbs down. that is a 13 lb weight loss this month. I still feel like my loss is going slow, but as long as it doesn't go up, i refuse to get too bitchy abou tit. I failed at getting myself into the gym 3-4 times a week like I intended...but Rome wasn't built in a day.

I went out and bought myself a fitbit this week. Its awesome. I got it in the mail last night, and I have been wearing it ever since. I'm hoping that will help me motivate myself into taking more steps. I have become a pintrest FIEND this week looking up VSG friendly recipes and workouts that are easy to do at home. I found some that you do to specific songs, so I thought that would be fun to try.

I did break down and do some shopping. I bought two pairs of jeans from penny's. I started out wearing a 24w and now I am at a 20w. I tried to go the thrift store route, but the only jeans they had were way too old lady looking. I'm already leading my life as a fatty... at least I can be a fashionable fatty haha. I don't expect to be in them long because the several pairs of 18's I have are so close to fitting, but I can always donate or sell these. I will be set for jeans until I am wearing a 14 so I was OK with paying a normal price for these. I'm wearing an XL in shirts, so its so nice being able to be able to shop in regular stores again in that aspect.

I had my first real appointment with my doctor since my surgery. He is happy with my progress. My blood work came back perfect and all my levels are higher than average so he didn't have any advice really to give me. I was a little irritable with him when I was venting about my frustration over stalling and stuff and how on the days where I ate more calories than normal I would lose more weight, he suggested I stop counting my calories. He said I could go up to 1100 and since I figured I was struggling to get to 700 I wasn't in any danger of going over. I did that and its felt like a load off my chest. with the exception of the last week I had been losing weight pretty steadily. I fear I was or am in the 3 month stall right now. I didn't lose anything for the past week and a half and then the day before yesterday I lost a pound... so hopefully that number keeps going down... or my pant size. I'll take either

This months goal will be the same as last since I failed myself.. but I am adding improving my water intake. I do pretty well most days, but some days I'm awful. So I just want to get to where its consistent every day.

I think that is enough Woe Is Me for the day! I hope you all are getting the support you need, so you aren't feeling alone in the big bad world with this wonderful journey.

Think Skinny Thoughts, ladies and gents!
That's all she wrote.

Submit "I get by with a little help from my friends" to Digg Submit "I get by with a little help from my friends" to del.icio.us Submit "I get by with a little help from my friends" to StumbleUpon Submit "I get by with a little help from my friends" to Google

Comments

Great attitude & great post!!! Congrats on your success!!!
    What a fantastic blog. Your attitude is incredible and inspirational. It's clear that you will wind up a sleeve success story. With an outlook like yours, there is no way you can do anything but soar!
    Congrats on your successes! Just a simple piece of advice, but don't set unobtainable goals. If you continue to miss the mark, you may get extremely frustrated even though you are doing great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScouterJim
    What a fantastic blog. Your attitude is incredible and inspirational. It's clear that you will wind up a sleeve success story. With an outlook like yours, there is no way you can do anything but soar!
    Thank you so much, I appreciate that. Its definitely the nicest thing I have heard all week!