Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Chevy

?

Rate this Entry

Does anyone worry about loose skin? I do all the time. I have always been bottom heavy.I have lost 33 lbs and now my legs feel like jello. I workout to firm up my skin and muscle.

Not to many people on here talk about it. I also worry about, what if I don't like my body after I lose all this weight. I guess if worry about my imperfections.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Submit "?" to Digg Submit "?" to del.icio.us Submit "?" to StumbleUpon Submit "?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're only going to firm your skin so much. Keep yourself hydrated and moisturize. If the skin bothers you after you hit your goal you can always have it removed.
    I'm down 45, and excess skin isn't a problem yet. I do work out, and hope that helps. I lose slowly, that may help too. I'm not going to worry about it. Even people with a lot of extra skin always say they look good in clothes, so that's what counts. (The surgery didn't scare me, but plastic surgery does!)
    I have not been sleeved and its one of my worries. I am saving up or a breast left and tummy tuck. But I always knew I wanted that one day after having 2 kids. But I worry about the rest of me. My arms, neck, legs etc... I can only try my best to exercise and drink my my water. I have been a licensed cosmologist for 20 years and I know that there is no magic cream to firm and tighten, well maybe Botox. Good luck to you and your journey.
    There is a forum on here for cosmetic surgery. Loose skin is a major issue for me. But I'm mid 40s and had been heavy a long time. My skin is not resilient. But I'd take that over the fat filled skin everyday. I will have cosmetic surgery next year. Saving for it now.
    Dont really care about stuff thats covered up but after losing 40 pounds, My chins have become turkey necks and I cant stand them! After hitting my goal, will have neck lift for sure:-)
    I think about it all the time. I know two people who have the sleeve one yes she has alot of extra skin and the other dont she said she work out and lift weights and make sure she gets her protein in it helps tighten skin also. I have big thighs and i only lost a little weight so far and i can see more cellite so im sure I myself will have to workout and jogg. some people have surgery but this one surgery was enough for me.
    I've lost 95 lbs and am 55 yrs old. Needless to say my body, without clothes does not necessarily thrill me, but in clothes, I look like a million bucks. I'm not concerned about the bat wings under my arms or the flabby inner thighs and stomach area. It is what it is and I wear my skin proudly, albeit a bit saggy here and there. I never had a models body and sure as heck don't expect one now. I will not be doing any plastic surgery but that's just me personally. Each one here is different.
    I did not exercise that much post surgery or use weights. I suggest you tone up and build muscle along the way which will take care of much of the problem. For the rest, either make your peace with it or have it removed.
    Wishing you all the very best!
    Sure I think about it, but I don't worry about it...to what end? I will cross that bridge when I get to it, exercise and hydration is all I can do now...I am not against plastic surgery in the future if necessary.
    Yes, I worry about that all the time!

I've done some research and the general consensus is losing slowly, 2-4 pounds a week, keeping your skin moisturized and stimulated (full body massaes) are what can help prevent excess skin.
    massages*