Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lopezr

The First Blog!

Rate this Entry
[FONT=Book Antiqua]Ok so I have been doing some re-search into how to make the most of my post surgery liquid diet and i am thinking about starting to juice after my surgery. Does anyone else Juice? what have your experiences been? I have done some pretty extensive research on reasons and different recipes and it seems like it may help me get as many nutrients in as possible as well as continuing to jump start my weight loss. I know that my surgery is several months out still but i am very excited and want to start making changes now, even if they are little ones so i can build a routine. For example i am going to start taking a vitamin now because I know I will need to take one after my surgery. Little steps now mean less of an adjustment later and less chance i will freak out and not deal appropriately. Right?[/FONT]

Submit "The First Blog!" to Digg Submit "The First Blog!" to del.icio.us Submit "The First Blog!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The First Blog!" to Google

Tags: excited, juicing Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Lopezr --

I fully endorse the juicing idea! I watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" in December 2012 and started green juicing in January. I lost so much weight so quickly, never dealt with hunger issues, fed my body the highest nutritional content I could. My hair and skin and eyes were bright. I slept well. I attribute my success-to-date to the hard core (2-3 months) green juice regimen I was on.

Each morning I juice cucumber, celery, kale or spinach, a granny smith apple and an acid component (lemon/lime/ginger). Sometimes I add herbs. For a while all I took in was juice. I made small changes to my intake -- gave up dairy, red meat, fried foods. I started incorporating raw kale, quinoa, nutritional yeast and chia seeds, too. I felt SO healthy!

If you want more information, please let me know -- I'm happy to share recipes, books, websites, etc. I believe in a juicing lifestyle! I only do it 1x per day now, but it gets my morning off to a great start.

Oh, I have a Jay Kordich Powergrind Pro juicer.

HTH and Best of Luck to you!

~Nathalie
    Nathalie,

Thank you so much for the insight, I watched the same documentary, it was a real eye opener and gave me some great information. I was glad to see that he did it in coordination with a doctor so you knew exactly what kind of strain, if any it was putting on his body. So many times you hear about these diets only to find out 6 months down the line they are doing more harm than good. I would love any information you have to share with me, i have been on several websites and seen some great recipes. I am curious what you do to ensure you get all of your protein in? I looked at several recipes and while the protein involved from the veggies in pretty good its not near enough to meet the protein goals. Do you rely on your dinner? or do you do protein shakes or add powdered protein to some of your juice?

~Ray
    Juicing with vegetables sounds like a fine idea. However, my surgeons post-op diet limits patients to no more than 4 oz of no sugar added fruit juice per day - due to the calories and natural sugars. So you would need to make sure your drinks are mostly veggie and low cal. Also, I have always felt that juice was second best to eating whole fruits and veggies, since you don't get the benefit of the fiber. However, immediately post-sleeve you are not going to be fitting in many whole fruits and veggies, so juice might be a good option.