Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Missbent

protein

Rate this Entry
Hi All
I've just started on my pre op diet and am wonder if I should be taking some protein powder and vitamins already?
If so, in what amounts do some of you take and what brands are the most popular?
Thanks

Submit "protein" to Digg Submit "protein" to del.icio.us Submit "protein" to StumbleUpon Submit "protein" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi,
    All the best with the pre op and remember days 4-5 are the killers as we are withdrawing from sauger and possibly caffeine.

I started talking chewable vitamins on day 4 post op. In Australia chewable vitamins are available online through bandbuddies.com.au. Actually they taste not to bad at all and go don't very easily.
    I was required to start protein powder supplements and all vitamins from the moment I started working with the surgeon's office. Looks like I will have been on them about six months preop when all is said and done.
    When I went on my preop diet I was told minimum 75 grams protein for a man and 60 grams for a women, 64 ounces water minium. The protein keeps the body from burning muscle instead of fat. Thier ate numerous whey based protein options available. I had a pain free surgery and was told the main reason is I stuck to preop and postop guide lines. I am 5 days postop.