Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

thickychicky

My pluming is backed up-help!!

Rate this Entry
I am 18 days post-op and have not had a BM since New Years Day!! I have lots of pressure and lower back pain from this. My dr suggested Mirolax and I have been taking it everyday, according to the jar tomorrow needs to be the last day I can take it. (Only suggests you take it for 7 days) before I was sleeved I didn't have this issue. I started my day off w/a protein shake and cup of coffee since Jan of last year and have been regular since! I have recently started drinking coffee again, but I can only drink 6-8 oz. I am on soft foods (my dr ok'd me to start trying soft foods at my week pre-op) most of what I eat is protein and I have no problem getting in my water and protein shakes in so I am not sure what is causing this!! It will be a week tomorrow since I have weighed myself because I refuse to until I have a BM!

Is there anyone else out there that has had a similar experience? If so what did you do? I am going crazy!!! Help!!!

Submit "My pluming is backed up-help!!" to Digg Submit "My pluming is backed up-help!!" to del.icio.us Submit "My pluming is backed up-help!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "My pluming is backed up-help!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have not gone as long as you but I've gone several days to a week. I was doing colace after surgery, but ran out and need to get more. My doctor also said to do Milk of Magnesia and and benefiber. She said that there is a prescription for chronic constipation, but didn't feel I am there yet. My suggestion would be to let your doctor know the miralax isn't working.
    Milk of magnesia
    Milk of Magnisa. And look out!! Lol
    I take benefiber to the max and didn't help at all. I was in ps in pain too. I took a stool softener (not laxative) for women, after 12 days. It only took 2 hours for it to work. I felt so much better! I took one tablet every other day for the first 4 weeks just to stay somewhat regular. I didn't really get back to normal until I could chew more food than I sipped. Also remember that there isn't going to be late much because it's not nearly as much going in as there used to be, so less will be coming out too.
    I am having the LSG in a few weeks and I am concerned about this happening as well. When I went on a high protein diet last year, I had severe constipation problems, and had to discontinue the diet. You can have an impaction from this. A lot of people have the opposite problem when having to drink so much protein.
    I hope this gets better for you after introducing the soft foods.
    I had this same problem, it was a horrible experience for me. I had to go to the ER and get an enema and magnesium citrate, I also used suppositories but I had an impacted bowel (which was extremely painful). The Dr. also prescribed lactulose because MOM, miralax, and several other over-the counters laxatives did not work for me. The magnesium citrate (fruit punch flavor) did help and can be bought over the counter at Rite Aid. Good luck.
    Smooth move tea
    I had the issue also and I did the MOM and benefiber. NOTHING!! But I bought the magnesium citrate and It work perfect, maybe an hour or two after taking it. Try that it may work for you.
    Ask your Dr. first, I had too.
    Walmart 97 cents
    Milk of mag and go for a walk
    I used a prescription for Colace. Worked like a charm.
    Apparently, reading this post has helped. Moments reading this I had my BMI in 8 days.
    It was the fear of an imminent enema (say that twice, fast!)that made me go I swear.
    If you take the calcium citrate chews after surgery with you vit/minerals it seemed to help me.